No need to wrap up the holidays in debt!
Christmas: Budgeting & Spending Tips
The TDS Library
It never fails. We promise to stick to a budget during the holidays. But, we blow it year after year like Santa after a 3 day no-cookie diet. We dread the holiday bills and the trips to the mall that empty our wallets and rack up the credit card charges. Take charge of your holiday budgeting! By planning ahead, you can celebrate the season in style without ending up in debt. Here are ways to curb spending and stay on track.7 Ways to Save on Holiday Gifts
The holiday season is here, and it's a favorite time of year for many. The holidays bring parties, family gatherings, and great times with friends. Unfortunately, this time of year can also be expensive. In an effort to keep budgets intact, here are a few tips for saving on holiday gifts.The Gift Budget
We all want to celebrate the special people and moments in our lives, but do we want to shoulder the reality of these expenses? Not really. So what can be done about it? The answer is surprisingly simple.How to Put Santa on a Budget
In our culture, Christmas is all about "big." From big trees to the big bundle of gifts, it's an incredibly expensive time of year. Many families need or want to cut back, but aren't sure how to do it. Here's some help
Spend Smarter This Holiday Season
Are you dreading the upcoming holiday season and the expense that notoriously comes with it? Well, have no fear! It's not too late to spend smarter over the holiday season.Check Your List Twice: Knowing Where You Spend Too Much
There are two types of people we tend to spend too much money on. They are the people who we would spend any amount on, but they are happy with any gift and the people who will not be happy with any gift no matter how much money we spend. Maybe it's time to look at your Christmas list. Who will appreciate any gift given with love? Who will not appreciate any gift? Take the pressure off yourself and your wallet and simplify!Do You Make These 5 Holiday Spending Mistakes?
Holiday spending mistakes are like fruitcake. They keep reappearing, year after year. Buying out of guilt? Confusing spending with celebrating? Or putting gifts on credit because that seems easier than admitting you can't afford presents in the first place? Instead, enjoy the holidays and get rid of debt-related stress. Here are 5 holiday spending mistakes and how to avoid them.5 Signs You're Charging Too Much This Holiday
For many, staying out of debt at this time of year is about as easy as losing weight. But it's simple if you know how much you owe, read your credit card statements, and keep a budget. Most of all, know when it's time to keep credit cards at home. Here are 5 signs you need to cool it with the credit cards this holiday season.14 Ways to Save Money During the Holidays
Tired of starting the new year with a pile of debt? Enjoy the holidays without putting yourself in the poor house by shopping smart. Here are 14 tips to help you make the most of your time and money.7 Tips to Beat the Post-Holiday Debt Blues
The stores are decked out in holiday splendor. The shopping season is upon us. And retailers are hoping for incredible sales this holiday season. If you're determined to escape the cycle of holiday overspending, here's how to do it.
- 6 Common Holiday Budget Busters
- 7 Ways to Stick to Your Holiday Budget
- One Holiday Tradition to Break -- Overspending
- Avoiding Holiday Debt
- 12 Money Tips from Holiday 'Experts'
- Are Christmas Club Accounts Still a Good Idea?
- Christmas Club Accounts
- 7 Tips to a Debt Free Holiday Season
- Cut Your Holiday Bills in Half
- Bake Yourself Some Christmas Dough
- Scrooge's Christmas List
- Let the Holidays Loom Large, but Not Heavy
- Christmas Gift Challenge
- Ho, Ho, Ho or Bah, Humbug!
Trending on TDS
- Could social media be causing you to overspend?
- Save or pay down hospital bill? Video
- Frugal doesn't always mean getting the cheapest
- A financial safety net for single moms
- Why saving money doesn't have to be a drag any more
- How investing style changes over your lifetime
- 5 poor ways to save (and how to do better)
- What to do if your credit card rate goes up
- 3 steps to rebuilding an emergency fund
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- Reduce your debt with this free debt course by The Dollar Stretcher
- Reduce your debt payoff time
- Find a better credit card rate
- Get better savings & MMA rates