Ideas for inexpensive DIY gifts from the heart
Christmas: Homemade Gift Ideas
The TDS Library
Giving co-workers and holiday party hostesses a gift does not have to break the bank. These eight ideas all cost less than $5. Yet, they are all tasteful and thoughtful. Even better, they are quick and easy to put together.Building Beautiful Gifts from the Dollar Store
Sure, you can go into your local discount store to buy presents for your friends and family, but take a closer look at what's in those gift baskets. Mugs, beverages, and snacks? Candle holders and candles? Bath products? The dollar store has all of those things and many more potential gift ideas. All you have to do is put them together for presents that will look great but cost half the price of their department store counterparts.Great Gift Bucket Ideas
My family loves ice cream, so I buy it in the large pails. With the holidays looming, I found the perfect use for my growing stack of empty pails. I decided to make gift buckets instead of gift baskets! The airtight lid assures freshness and protects the contents during shipping. Here are some sweet themes I created for my gift buckets this year.Take the Guesswork out of Giving
The holiday season is fast approaching, and you haven't even started shopping. Instead of Christmas cheer, all you feel is dread as you envision the crowded mall. Don't give up yet! There is a simple, inexpensive solution to your gift-giving dilemma. The secret is finding or making homemade holiday gifts for everyone on your list.
Gift Basket Ideas
Who doesn't love to give or receive a creative gift basket for the holidays? From gluten free to a basket that's perfect for a cold winter's night in front of a fire, our readers share their great gift basket ideas.Homemade Gifts for Christmas
It seems that every year the names on my Christmas list multiply. It is getting harder and harder to buy for so many people each year. This year, though, I decided to give homemade gifts. I especially enjoy that I can work on them together with my kids. Try using some of these homemade gift ideas for those on your Christmas list this year.Summer's Bounty, Winter's Delight
Without planning and creativity, holiday shopping can put a strain on anyone's budget. When the weather is hot, you have the opportunity to save money at Christmas by giving gifts from the heart, made or grown by your hands.My Story: Homemade Christmas Gifts
This year we are very low on money for gifts. I just recently quit my job to stay at home with my boys. With family members, preschool teachers, Sunday School teachers, and friends, gifts can get very expensive. I have found a way to get my two-year-old son involved in making things for others.Specialty Gift Baskets
Need gift basket ideas for Christmas but don't want to spend a lot? Well, look no further. Here are 16 unique, fun ideas for gift baskets to get your creative juices flowing.Christmas Gifts from the Heart, Not the Wallet
There are some wonderful and touching gifts from the heart that we can all give. They will be keepers and remind the recipients of who gave them (hopefully with fondness). Here are 12 ideas that might strike a resonant chord in your heart and keep that January credit card bill at acceptable levels.
- 10 Creative Ways to Give From the Heart
- Give the Gift of Good Advice
- Christmas for the Craft Impaired
- Homemade Holiday Gifts
- Homemade Greeting Cards
- Ask Miserly Moms: Inexpensive Holiday Gifts
- Homemade Bubble Bath Gifts
- Christmas Craft Club
- Inexpensive Holiday Fun and Homemade Gifts
- Do-It-Yourself Christmas
- Christmas Gifts Kids Can Make
- Holiday Craft Ideas for Gifting
- More Christmas Gifts on the Cheap
- Christmas Gifts on the Cheap!
- Homemade Christmas and Hanukkah Gifts
- Krafty Kitchen Korner: Christmas Ideas
Trending on TDS
- What's on sale in September?
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 5 reasons to skip an all-inclusive vacation
- Secrets to living luxuriously for less
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- Gain more by spending less
- Do you pay more because of variable pricing?
- Money saving for dog owners Slideshow
- Spending to deal with stress
- How to live like a millionaire Video
- 5 ways to save money on formal clothing
- Could a wedding planner save money?