Gift ideas for when the holiday budget is tight
Christmas: Inexpensive Gift Ideas
The TDS Library
Looking for an inexpensive but fun gift and have no idea where to begin? Here are some ideas to get you started. And best of all, they fit a variety of giving situations, from hostess gifts to presents for hard-to-please relatives to your Secret Santa pick at the office.Video: Alternative Gift Exchanges
Do you feel like you spend more and more on Christmas each year? Well, you can cut holiday spending and still get the satisfaction of gift-giving this holiday season. The Ultimate Cheapskate gives us ten frugal alternatives to traditional (typically pricey) gift exchanges.Last Minutes Gifts Under $10
Quick! Do you need some last minute gifts that will please the recipients? Look no further than your own cupboards and shelves. You might already have the items for these clever gift ideas.Gifts & Greetings
Have a large collection of holiday cards but no system of organization for them? What's the best way to organize your stash so they are easily accessible. And while we're at it, what about all the other accoutrements associated with gift-giving? Wouldn't it be nice to have all of the needed supplies in one place? Well, look no further! We have some great ideas for you.
Gift Giving in a Bad Economy
November and December are a time of feasting and giving to others in abundance. For many of us, this overflow of goodwill highlights the plight of the less fortunate who may not have means to celebrate the holidays in this fashion. This year, maybe things aren't as prosperous due to the economy. Though finances may dictate frugal holiday spending, we can still reach out to those with less. Here are some ideas for giving to others.Cash Strapped Christmas
Think how happy you will be when the holidays are over, everyone has gone home, and you realize you don't have any outstanding bills. Conquer a cash-strapped Christmas by giving yourself the gift of a holiday budget, and you'll be debt-free when you welcome in the New Year.5 Fab Gifts
If you're feeling a pinch in your pocketbook as the holidays approach, try giving gifts that are big on heart and small on cost. These five gifts under $5 aim to please while keeping you from feeling the squeeze.Frugal Holiday
Money tight? That's okay. You can still afford a great Christmas with these frugal holiday gift ideas.Save Money on Holiday Cards
Cards don't have to be fancy or expensive. No matter what you send, your friends will appreciate hearing from you. So don't let the cost of cards keep you from wishing your friends a happy holiday. Send inexpensive cards to everybody on your list and keep the rest of your money where it belongs, namely in your pocket.Avoiding Office Gift Drawings
Does the thought of the office gift exchange leave you feeling a little buried? Here are some delicate ways to let your co-workers know that you'd rather not participate without coming across as a Scrooge.
- Give great holiday gifts that cost $10 or less
- 10 Free Holiday Gifts
- Christmas Gifts That Don't Cost a Dime
- The Dollar Store Shopper: Kid Christmas
- Too Much Christmas
- Gifts for Free
- Gift Giving With an Attitude
- I Gave at the Office!
- 20 Gifts Under $25
- Can You Spare a Dime?
- Inexpensive Gifts
- Christmas Gifts and Traditions
- Inexpensive Stocking Stuffers
- Inexpensive Gifts: Part 4
- Inexpensive Gifts: Part 3
- Inexpensive Food Gifts
- Inexpensive Holiday Gifts: Part 2
- Inexpensive Christmas Gifts
- Inexpensive Christmas Gifts, Memories and Decorations
- Inexpensive Christmas and Hanukkah Gifts
- Christmas on the Cheap!
More Money-Saving Lifestyle Tips
- 6 things you shouldn't buy in July
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 6 tips for a fabulously free vacation
- Secrets to living luxuriously for less
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- 4 secrets to being a frugal foodie
- How much is clutter costing you?
- Urban homesteading: Chicken tractors
- 5 nourishing hair treatments you can make in minutes
- This week's Readers' Tips