How to give holiday tips without busting your gift-giving budget
Christmas: Holiday Tipping
The TDS Library
Holiday gift-giving etiquette can be tricky, especially when it comes to tipping. It can also vary regionally. Here are some general guidelines to help make your decision on tipping a little easier.Tips for Holiday Tipping within Your Budget
The holidays are a festive time, and we all want to spread good cheer. But cash tips can be costly and, in some cases, inappropriate. Thankfully, there are plenty of guidelines for tipping and some great alternatives to cash gifts.Money-Wise Tips on Holiday Tipping
It's the season for giving, but it can also be a season that's unforgiving when it comes to tipping service workers. The seasonal angst about holiday tipping centers on two major questions: How much cheer should you spread, and to whom? The rituals of tipping, which are complicated enough the rest of the year, are particularly complex during the holiday season.
Video: Tipping for the Holidays
From the mailman to your hairdresser, tipping those that make your life run smoothly is always appreciated. So who should you tip? And how much should you give them?
Trending on TDS
- How to calculate shipping costs for eBay sales
- Is Amazon Subscribe & Save worth it?
- Kitty condos for less Slideshow
- Why cheap shoes are a bad buy
- Stretching your hair color dollar
- What's on sale in March
- 5 types of freebies you can snag today
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in March
- 5 dental scams that can put the bite on you
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- 5 cheap -- or even free -- ways to exercise