How to give holiday tips without busting your gift-giving budget
Christmas: Holiday Tipping
The TDS Library
The holidays are a festive time, and we all want to spread good cheer. But cash tips can be costly and, in some cases, inappropriate. Thankfully, there are plenty of guidelines for tipping and some great alternatives to cash gifts.Money-Wise Tips on Holiday Tipping
It's the season for giving, but it can also be a season that's unforgiving when it comes to tipping service workers. The seasonal angst about holiday tipping centers on two major questions: How much cheer should you spread, and to whom? The rituals of tipping, which are complicated enough the rest of the year, are particularly complex during the holiday season.
Video: Tipping for the Holidays
From the mailman to your hairdresser, tipping those that make your life run smoothly is always appreciated. So who should you tip? And how much should you give them?
Trending on TDS
- Mix up your own energy drinks
- How to care for suede boots
- The cost of procrastination
- Legitimate work-at-home job opportunities in the education arena
- Selling Mary Kay: A good income source?
- Getting rid of acne
- How to quit your day job for your dream job
- 6 ways to get free movies and discounts
- Top 10 best (and real) work-at-home jobs and careers
- A cheat sheet on tipping do's and don'ts
- 6 reasons why it's dumb to buy a smartphone
- How to live a life of luxury without going broke