How one income families can earn money and cut expenses at home
One Income Families: At-Home Income
One-Income Families: Changing to One Income
One-Income Families: Choosing To Stay Home
One-Income Families: Saving Money
Working At Home
While there are legitimate telecommuting jobs available, they are rare. The work-at-home jobs listed in the classifieds are usually not the real thing. Here are some common swindles of which to be cautious.Why You Need to Start a Daycare
It is possible to stay home with your kids and replace your income whilst cutting your expenses by starting your own home daycare. The benefits are immense and immediate. Quality family time becomes a given. You control your days and make your rules. You are active and having fun, doing something worthwhile to all concerned. For the right person, it's a wonderful situation.The Convincing Telecommuter
Maybe you want to stay home with your kids, and save time and money on commuting and office wear, but what's in it for your boss? How can you convince your boss to let you become a telecommuter? Here are some points you can lay out before your boss.5 Tips for Working at Home with Kids
You can stay at home with your children while still advancing in your career. So how do you make it work? Here are a few tips.Consulting-at-Home
My wife stays home with my children. Because we are a one-income family, I started a business that I can work on from my home. It is a software development/consulting business that I work on after-hours from my day job. Here is how we made it work.Working at Home with a Toddler
I have been in business for myself since 1991 and have enjoyed the rewards of being a stay-at-home mom at the same time. Here are the ways that I made it work with both my kids.Renovation for Profit
If you are a mom looking for a way to come home, renovation for a profit can be a valuable means of making money. Here are the keys to making this strategy work for you.Single Mom Income
Are you a single mother looking for ways to be able to stay home with your children? Here are tips and ideas from other TDS single moms who have made it work.One Income Beats Two
If one income isn't enough to pay the bills, many women will go to work when they would rather be home. A better solution is to help your husband make more money. Here are some tips for doing just that.Single Work-at-Home Moms
"I am a single mother and I would like to stay at home with my children. Working all day and sending them to daycare doesn't allow me to raise them the way I would like. I am trying to become a work-at-home mom, starting my own business. I would appreciate any bits of knowledge and wisdom readers have to share."Single Income Living
Many families wrestle with the question as to how they can allow mom to stay home with the kids when dad's paycheck does not quite cover the living expenses. And it really has two levels. We'll take a look at the financial side of the question. Then we'll discuss the woman's career and child development issues.
- Sign up for Dollar Stretcher Parents newsletter for time and money-saving tips for families with children delivered to your inbox weekly.
- Follow our A Frugal Family board on Pinterest
- Get advice from other TDS readers in the TDS Forums. Helpful sections include: Family and Education.
- Visit our Family section each week for our latest family articles and tips.
Trending on TDS
- Protecting college students from identity theft
- 6 steps to a romantic fall picnic
- Keeping family and friends entertained at holiday gatherings
- The argument for second-hand toys
- Frugal lessons from WW2
- How mentors turn kids into successful adults
- 6 ways to get free movies and discounts
- November deals at the supermarket and beyond
- 8 tips to successfully work from home
- How to start writing your will
- 5 dumb ways to spend money on your kids
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator