Tips for organizing bedrooms and closets on a budget
Organization: Bedrooms & Closets
The TDS Library
Actually having to wear your clothes makes it a lot easier to decide whether an outfit is meant to stay with you or not. Try this method of wearing everything in your closet for one day to determine what you want ot keep and what you can certainly do without.Spring Clean Your Wardrobe
It's that time of year again. It's time to purge and discard anything unwanted, open the windows, and clean out the dust that has collected in our homes over the past few dark months. So for those of you who dread this task, here are a few simple things to follow.Saving Money by Cleaning Cupboards, Closets, and Cabinets
Increase your sense of control over your home, your time, and your finances. The benefits are well worth the time and effort it takes to clean and organize those closets, cupboards, and cabinets!Mastering the Mess for Less
The benefits of a clean and organized closet, storage area or even a drawer are twofold. First, you'll know exactly what you own so that you don't purchase things needlessly. Secondly, you'll be able to quickly locate the exact item you need, making your life that much easier.Resealable Bags for Storage
I use resealable bags of different sizes to pack my clothes when travelling. I save the plastic covers that come with new blankets, down comforters, etc. and use them to store other items. I especially like the fact that they have a zipper.Reorganizing Your Wardrobe
The end of summer is a great time to reorganize your wardrobe for the coming season. Then again, anytime is the right time to eliminate excess clutter and get rid of unwanted things. And with this simple reorganization process you can also earn some extra cash, which is always welcome!An Organized Home
One of the key rules in organizing and decorating is to utilize vertical space. Often, we place furniture around the room with nothing above it, forming a nice horizontal line. There is a ton of unclaimed storage and visually appealing space right above the furniture line!Lessons from Grandma
Whether you live in an efficiency apartment or work in a tiny cubicle, making the most of your small space is a key element to your productivity. Utilize as much vertical space as possible with racks, hangers, hooks, and pockets. Turn wasted space into workable space with organizers specially made for office supplies, collectibles, paperback books, or audio recordings.Blanket Storage
You need all those blankets out in the winter but where do you store them the remainder of the year so they are out of the way? What my friend does is turn them into pillows! Floor pillows, throw pillows, heap of pillows in the corner reading nest pillows. Instead of filling up your linen closet, they now are useful year round. Here's how it is done.Shoestring Solutions to Organization Problems
When establishing a general storage system, you have four storage choices. You can hang it, put it in a drawer, store it on the floor, or shelve it. If you haven't used it in a year, chances are you never will. Get rid of anything that you haven't used for the past year or two, except tax and business documents. Sorting will reduce your storage needs, and save you valuable time and money in the process.Steps To An Organized Closet
Here is a step-by-step process for organizing your closet. After your closet is organized, you will be able to find clothes faster and coordinate outfits like never before. Remember to schedule time at least twice a year to go through your closet using some of these steps to keep it organized.Micro-Space Storage
Creative ideas for storing items when living in a small space.2 Beginner Space Management Projects for the Bedroom
These two projects, one for the guys and one for the gals, will help you use a greater variety of items you already own and will give you satisfaction that you took the first step in getting organized.
- Sign up for Dollar Stretcher Tips newsletter to receive tips from other TDS readers that will help you stretch your dollars and save time while doing so.
- Follow our Handy Household Tips board on Pinterest
- Visit our Home & Auto section each week for our latest home cleaning and organization articles and tips.
Also in Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- Tha basics of financing a home improvement project
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- 5 steps to saving money with a lasagna garden
- Buying a lease/option home
- Affordable fences
- Fixing up furniture the frugal way
- How a "time of use" meter could reduce your electric bill
- 10 ways to set up a home office without blowing your budget
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?