Don't get buried under a pile of books or papers! Try these tips for staying organized
Organization: Books & Papers
The TDS Library
The solution to an unorganized financial life is setting up a good filing system and knowing how long to keep the financial records you put in it. Here's how you can organize that financial clutter.Write This Down
Everyone should start and maintain a household logbook. A household logbook and your old owner's manuals are at least as valuable as the items they will help you maintain or repair.An Organized Life
I love three-ring binders. They are a lifesaver for me. I use them to keep my life organized and to help my kids keep organized.Affordable, Attractive Document Storage
If you have limited space for document storage, you might need to opt for storing it in plain sight. Here are some affordable, yet attractive ideas for storing documents in a living room or family room.Get Organized
Getting organized now and erasing those piles of paper can help to ease the stress of tax time next year. Having all of your documents scanned and filed electronically will make them easy to find and submit. And you'll also have peace of mind knowing that you now have a safe, secure electronic copy of your most important files.You've Got Mail
Tips for sorting mail on a daily basis and giving us more time to spend on things that really matter! Beyond being a time-saver, having things sorted where they can be found saves money.How to Arrange Bookshelves
Arranging bookshelves to look like a stylish detail in your home instead of a stuffy library takes a little insight and practice. But it's a valuable skill for home decorators, as almost all homes have shelving of some kind that can benefit from a few design principles to keep from getting the stiff soldier look.How to Easily Organize Your Bills
Easy-to-follow steps that will not only help you to pay your bills on time, but will also help you de-clutter your life.The Great Papers Debate
Here are some tips to help develop a filing system that is easy to use. If your system is too complicated, you won't keep it up. Once you're organized, you will be thrilled with the peace of mind that comes with knowing you have all of your important documents organized and that they are ready any time you need them.Being Organized Can Save You Money
Do you know if the warranty on your dishwasher is still in effect? Have you had something repaired on the car and you think you may have had it replaced last year, but you're not really sure? Taking the time to organize your purchases, warranties, and agreements can save you a lot of money and a lot of aggravation.How to Sell Used Books
Do you own more books than you can store? Hate the thought of just giving them away? TDS readers share their experiences and tips on selling used books.
Take the "Junk" Out of Junk Mail
Organizing Magazine Information
Organizing Photos and Negatives
Ending the Paperwork Nightmare
3 Simple Filing Guidelines
Don't Throw Away Your Identity
Getting Organized With Index Cards
The Paper Blizzard
Tips to Organize and Simplify Bill Paying
Keeping Your Papers Organized
7 Ways to Get Organized on a Budget
Conquering The Paper Piles In Your Home
Conquering Photograph and Recipe Clutter
Organize Your Holiday Wrap
Mom's Home Filing System
- Sign up for Dollar Stretcher Tips newsletter to receive tips from other TDS readers that will help you stretch your dollars and save time while doing so.
- Sign up for Savvy Savings at TDS newsletter for some of the best bargains available for Dollar Stretchers!
- Follow our Handy Household Tips board on Pinterest
- Visit our Home & Auto section each week for our latest home cleaning and organization articles and tips.
Also in Home
- Tax consequences for selling your home in your 50's and 60's
- Should you refinance your home?
- How to repair ripped window and door screens
- What makes my electric bill so high?
- Homemade cleaner for jetted tubs, shower heads & sprayers
- How to remove urine stains from a hardwood floor
- Finding furniture for smaller spaces
- 10 ways to save money on your utility bill
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?