With these tips, you actually can keep your kids organized!
The TDS Library
Some people are born with strong organization skills, but if you (or your kids) weren't, you can begin to get organized any time you want to. Here are seven ways to help your kids get organized. Once you've done that, try them in other areas of your home too!Storing Kid's Stuff
Anyone who has ever raised a kid or any number of kids knows that it is an ongoing struggle to get them to keep their rooms tidy. We supply them with hampers and hangers only to have dirty clothes tossed in the general direction of the intended receptacle and clean clothes piled in a crumpled heap in the middle of the floor. Here are some colorful options from the dollar store that may help to inspire neatness in little ones.5 Cheap Storage Solutions for Kids' Rooms
Storage in kids' rooms is one of the biggest dilemmas for those decorating their homes on a budget. Organizing your child's room will go a long way towards creating a comfortable place for them to call home. And it doesn't have to be expensive!Organize Your Children and Save Your Sanity
Organizing your own personal belongings can be a daunting task in itself. However, if you're also trying to take care of all your children's things, it can be an overwhelming, impossible task. Here are some ideas to help organize your children's plethora of gadgets, toys, clothes, games, and whatever else may be piled up on the closet floor or under the bed.Classroom Storage Ideas
Hey teachers! TDS reader's give their money-saving ideas for organizing and decorating a classroom on a budget.Organize Your Child's Room
Are you constantly tripping over books, clothes, and toys in your childs room? When you ask them to clean their room, does everything get shoved under the bed? If the answer is yes then it is time to attack the clutter and get their room in order. A well thought out plan of attack will unclutter and organize your childs room once and for all.12 Tips For Helping Disorganized Children
If your child suffers with poor planning abilities, impulsive behaviour and disorganization, it might often seem like the most difficult job in the world to keep them on the right track. However the following tips might just alleviate some of the problems frustrated parents find with these kids, and help the children themselves cope better with the everyday tasks and routines that are expected of them.Chore Charts
TDS reader's share their ideas on chore charts that will help get kids organized and improve their productivity.Grandma's Clutter Solutions
Here is how and why I have taught my grandkids that we have a place for everything and that having everything in it's place makes it easier to find what you want. Because I can make them responsible for cleaning up after themselves, I tend to allow them to do more potential messy things than I might otherwise. Here are my tips.Kids and Clutter
Ever feel like you are neglecting your kids just to keep the house clean? Here are some tips to get both your house and schedule organized so family time does not have to consist of doing chores together.
- Sign up for Dollar Stretcher Tips newsletter to receive tips from other TDS readers that will help you stretch your dollars and save time while doing so.
- Follow our Handy Household Tips board on Pinterest
- Visit our Home & Auto section each week for our latest home cleaning and organization articles and tips.
Trending on TDS
- A great way to save for your kids' college TDS Recommends
- Are there any good generic dog food brands?
- A financial safety net for single moms
- Keeping your kids well-clothed for less
- Fun recipes to keep the kids busy this summer
- Kids' parties: Keeping the expenses down while turning up the fun
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in May
- Raising a child with financial smarts Video
- Savings challenge: Make your own fresh dog food
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator