Cleaning out those spaces that have a tendendancy to become junk storage
Organization: Garages, Basements & Attics
The TDS Library
You might be throwing away money if you get caught doing these things in your garage. There are many potential savings you could be overlooking. See if you've ever committed these budget busters.Controlling Garage Clutter
Here are twelve easy tips on how to control all the clutter that accumulates in your garage. Garages protect our vehicles and provide extra storage space. Don't let yours become cluttered and unusable. Use these inexpensive tips and you could have the best garage on the block!A Basement Storage System
Try these tips for adding storage shelves to the wall space going down the stairs. Not only do stair-shelves free up valuable kitchen cabinets for other items (like your slow cooker), but also since most of your staples are highly visible, you'll know exactly what you have and avoid buying duplicates.Organize Your Garage
Using an old dresser as an organization tool for your garage is an inexpensive solution. I see them all the time at garage sales for $10. This is well worth the price for the amount of storage you can get, and if you like to find new uses for things that otherwise might hit the landfill, an old dresser might just do the trick! Think outside the box!A Clutter Free Basement or Attic
These simple tips will help you tackle a basement or attic organizing project. They will help you determine what to keep and what to toss as well as help you create a better storage system. And how to get your family involved in the project!Organizing Your Garage: Lawn Tools Storage
Simple, cheap solutions from our readers on how to make your own racks and storage systems for your lawn tools.
- Sign up for Dollar Stretcher Tips newsletter to receive tips from other TDS readers that will help you stretch your dollars and save time while doing so.
- Sign up for Savvy Savings at TDS newsletter for some of the best bargains available for Dollar Stretchers!
- Follow our Handy Household Tips board on Pinterest
- Visit our Home & Auto section each week for our latest home cleaning and organization articles and tips.
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- 8 ways homebuyers annoy sellers
- Why pay extra toward mortgage principal?
- Avoid mortgage closing costs on a refinance?
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?