Cleaning out those spaces that have a tendendancy to become junk storage
Organization: Garages, Basements & Attics
The TDS Library
Before visions of a dusty disco ball and blaring music from your old boom box start playing in your mind, I'm talking about something worse, namely blowing your budget by ignoring potential savings in your basement. So if you want to save money, avoid these 10 things you don't want to get caught doing in your basement.10 Things You Don't Want to Get Caught Doing In Your Garage
You might be throwing away money if you get caught doing these things in your garage. There are many potential savings you could be overlooking. See if you've ever committed these budget busters.Controlling Garage Clutter
Here are twelve easy tips on how to control all the clutter that accumulates in your garage. Garages protect our vehicles and provide extra storage space. Don't let yours become cluttered and unusable. Use these inexpensive tips and you could have the best garage on the block!A Basement Storage System
Try these tips for adding storage shelves to the wall space going down the stairs. Not only do stair-shelves free up valuable kitchen cabinets for other items (like your slow cooker), but also since most of your staples are highly visible, you'll know exactly what you have and avoid buying duplicates.Organize Your Garage
Using an old dresser as an organization tool for your garage is an inexpensive solution. I see them all the time at garage sales for $10. This is well worth the price for the amount of storage you can get, and if you like to find new uses for things that otherwise might hit the landfill, an old dresser might just do the trick! Think outside the box!A Clutter Free Basement or Attic
These simple tips will help you tackle a basement or attic organizing project. They will help you determine what to keep and what to toss as well as help you create a better storage system. And how to get your family involved in the project!Organizing Your Garage: Lawn Tools Storage
Simple, cheap solutions from our readers on how to make your own racks and storage systems for your lawn tools.
- Sign up for Dollar Stretcher Tips newsletter to receive tips from other TDS readers that will help you stretch your dollars and save time while doing so.
- Follow our Handy Household Tips board on Pinterest
- Visit our Home & Auto section each week for our latest home cleaning and organization articles and tips.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- How to hire an affordable, reliable housesitter
- Helping your adult children with housing
- 10 ways to cut the cost of cleaning
- Installing bathroom in-floor heat
- Natural homemade laundry soap recipes
- How to reduce heating bills this winter
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?