Tips for getting and keeping your kitchen and pantry neat and organized
Organization: Kitchens & Pantries
The TDS Library
What are the items NOT to put under your kitchen sink? We've been taught or simply developed habits of storing certain items under the kitchen sink. Here are Eight (8) Items NOT to keep under the kitchen sink!First In, First Out Pantry Storage Solutions
Looking for pantry storage solutions? TDS readers share their ideas for using up oldest items first. The first in, first out method will save money and time in the long run.Kitchen Clutter Rules
Here are three simple kitchen rules that help you reduce kitchen clutter throughout the day rather than spending an hour cleaning the kitchen at night.A Basement Pantry Storage System
Here are tips on adding pantry storage shelves to the wall space going down the stairs. Not only do stair-shelves free up valuable kitchen cabinets for other items (like your slow cooker), but also since most of your staples are highly visible, you'll know exactly what you have and avoid buying duplicates.Stocking Up: Tips for Organizing Your Kitchen and Pantry
Where do you store surplus food when you have limited space? Our readers share their best tips and solutions.Saving Money by Cleaning Cupboards, Closets, and Cabinets
Increase your sense of control over your home, your time, and your finances. The benefits are well worth the time and effort it takes to clean and organize those closets, cupboards, and cabinets!Have a Messy Kitchen? Try Re-Zoning!
Streamline your kitchen and create zones of use. This will enable you, and everyone else in your family, to easily find what they need when they need it. The kitchen can be a big project, but by doing it one section at a time, you can space it out over several days. Before you know it, you'll have the organized kitchen of your dreams!Organized Leftover Containers
Have you accumulated way too many plastic food containers? Here's how to get those cupboards in shape in four easy steps!The Dollar Store Shopper: Eliminating Kitchen Clutter
The kitchen is the room most likely to attract clutter. Tables, countertops and drawers are magnets for the things we're going to deal with "later" and limited cupboard space may become such a jumble that it's hard to find smaller items like a bottle of nutmeg. Here are three ideas that may help you to tame some of the trouble spots.Plastic Container Storage
Creative ideas from our readers as to how to efficiently store plastic containers.Organizing Your Pantry
TDS readers give their advice for inexpensive ways to store and organize different types of canned goods.An Organized Pantry
Try these ideas for creating a better system for organizing a pantry. The effort you put into organizing your pantry can be very rewarding. It will save you time, frustration, and money. It is so nice to be able to open the door and see everything organized.My Story: Creating Kitchen Convenience
Here are some simple methods for spending less time in the kitchen preparing meals.Kitchen Organization 101
If your kitchen can use help with organization, start by creating an organizational plan. Establish stations within your kitchen just like a restaurant does: prep area, cooking, baking and cleaning. Organize your kitchen into these four quadrants by keeping related items together in the same area.
Create Storage for Those Grocery Bargains
Fridge Clutter and How to Avoid It
Transforming Your Junk Drawer
Saving Time in the Kitchen
Storing (and Finding) Plastic Containers
Plastic Monsters: Those Plastic Shopping Bags
The Frugal Decorator: Organized Pot Storage for Under $5
Advice From Mom: Reuse Those Containers!
- Sign up for Dollar Stretcher Tips newsletter to receive tips from other TDS readers that will help you stretch your dollars and save time while doing so.
- Sign up for Savvy Savings at TDS newsletter for some of the best bargains available for Dollar Stretchers!
- Follow our Handy Household Tips board on Pinterest
- Visit our Home & Auto section each week for our latest home cleaning and organization articles and tips.
Also in Home
- Deck clean-up and repair
- How not to become 'house poor'
- Pricing garage sale items
- Free and extremely cheap sources of mulch
- Creating an outdoor room on a budget
- How to frugally remove a tree
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- How spring cleaning can save you money
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?