Tips for getting organized when you have a limited amount of storage space
Organization: Small Spaces
The TDS Library
Is your family growing but the budget's shrinking? Start maximizing space without buying a new home or building an expensive addition onto your house. Here's how.We Need Storage
TDS readers share their experiences creating storage space for a small house. Whether you have a tiny kitchen or very small closets, these tips may help.Creative Storage Solutions
Too much stuff and not enough storage? These creative storage solutions will help you store more stuff in less space.Finding Storage Space
Finding adequete storage space in your home can be a challenge but you have more storage space in your home than you know. Take a closer look and you will find it!. Here are some space-saving solutions for storing items in your home.Lessons from Grandma
I thought I was pretty good at home organization, until I met my husband's Grandmother. Living in a small space where she has collected treasures from her children and grandchildren, and tried to find a home for each sentimental item has created the need for her to develop strong organizational skills. And quite luckily for me, she has shared these tips with me so that I can pass them on to my clients and readers.Micro-Space Storage
We're not talking about futuristic living in outer space but living in a small space on earth! These ideas can help you stay organized when space is limited.Storage Solutions for Small Spaces
Extra space and extra possessions have a monetary and a time cost - make sure they are a good value in your eyes. Here is how to determine how much space you truly need as well as how to make the best use of the space you have.Space-Saving Storage Suggestions
Our readers offer their best space-saving storage secrets. A few of these tips might be just the thing you need to organize your smaller space.3 Kids & 2 Adults in 3 Rooms
If you have a bigger family in a smaller house, these tips might work for you.How to Furnish a Studio Apartment: Part One
Studio apartment living has its advantages (there is less area to clean!), but it also has its downside when it comes to storage. Studio apartments (and many college dorms) pose a particular problem due to the fact that all household functions are limited to one room. Here are some unique solutions for studio apartment living.How to Furnish a Studio Apartment: Part Two
This continuation of tips for studio apartment living will tackle two other storage options - move it or store it in plain sight.Moving to a Smaller House
Need to move into a smaller space? Here are some tips for consolidating all of that stuff you own so that it can fit into the new space.
- Sign up for Dollar Stretcher Tips newsletter to receive tips from other TDS readers that will help you stretch your dollars and save time while doing so.
- Follow our Handy Household Tips board on Pinterest
- Visit our Home & Auto section each week for our latest home cleaning and organization articles and tips.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- What's that little switch on my ceiling fan?
- Tips for cleaning home siding
- How to decorate a backyard gazebo Readers' Solutions
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?