Storage solutions that can help you get organized and stay organized
Organization: Storage Solutions
The TDS Library
People need an extra place to keep their possessions from time to time. No matter why you're shopping for self-storage, you deserve the best deal. Here are some ways to make this venture more economical.Space Saving Ideas
The first place to start when looking to save space is to make an honest and thorough assessment of what you really wish to keep. This is your chance for the task that most of us despise but is of utmost necessity, which is spring cleaning. It is the first step on your way to space maximization. Once you purge your home of all those excess items, you will be well on your way to saving space. A lack of space is a common problem with numerous solutions. Which of these solutions you choose to use will be based on your own unique requirements.10 Ways to Save on Public Storage
Some of us packrats should take a long, hard look at what's going in our storage units. Are we spending more on storage than our stuff is worth? Here's some advice on how to save.15 Ways to Use Prescription Bottles to Store Things
Empty prescription bottles can be re-purposed in some pretty useful ways. After removing the labels and washing and drying them thoroughly, try some of these storage ideas.De-Cluttering Solutions
Why do you think organizing stores have become so popular? When you "contain" items, instead of having them all over your flat surfaces, you make your disorganized space look uncluttered. Inevitably any empty basket, bowl or dish will collect all kinds of stuff. That is why every container in your home should have a specific purpose or theme. Here are a few handy ideas for organization containers to help you get organized.Frugal Storage Solutions
The time for cleaning and organizing is upon us as we approach that lovely time of renewal in our homes. You will notice that the stores recognize this season too, as the time for sales on expensive organizers occurs. There is a cheaper alternative to organizing than just buying new items. Here are a few inexpensive alternatives.Organizing on the Cheap
Organizing using a pocket shoe organizer is a great way to create storage space behind a closet door or bedroom door, even in a pantry, laundry room, children's rooms, utility or mud room and even by the front door in the foyer. Yes, a pocket shoe organizer can be used simply to store shoes, but thinking outside the box and using your imagination is much more fun.We Need Storage
TDS readers share their experiences on creating storage space in a small house.The Real Cost of Storage Units
Storage units are convenient, yet very costly. Before renting a unit, ask yourself these questions.The Many Costs of Storage
I realize that sometimes storage is a convenient option for items that aren't needed "right now" or for unwanted items. However, before putting items in storage, I encourage people to think about the hidden costs of storage.Dollar Store Storage Solutions
September is the unofficial Stow-It Month. If you're one of a growing number of people that are weeding out, giving away, selling off and otherwise de-cluttering, rock on! But, unless you've taken a vow of poverty, you'll want to keep a good many of your possessions, and if you're looking for ways to organize and store them, the dollar store can help.Uses for Resealable Bags
Resealable bags can be great for storage. See if any of these ideas would make a good storage solution for you.Creative Storage Solutions
Too much stuff and not enough storage? TDS readers share their best creative storage solutions.Organized Craft Supplies
If you're a weekend crafter like me, you probably have a lot of crafting odds and ends lying around. They get all jumbled together depending on what project you're working on at the moment. Hopefully these ideas will help you get in the mood to start organizing your own craft and sewing supplies. It's so much more enjoyable to work on projects when you know what you have and where everything is.Finding Storage Space
Finding adequete storage space in your home can be a challenge. Here are some creative solutions for storing items in your home.Organize Seasonal Decorating
Because I work a lot, I don't spend very much time decorating my home nor to do I have a lot of time to spend to find the decor for any given season. Here are some of the ways I've learned to organize my seasonal accessories.Cheaper Storage
Are you looking for inexpensive alternatives for stashing household goods? TDS readers share their ideas for storing your items.Blanket Storage
Here is a creative way of storing bulky blankets in off months by turning them into pillows! Floor pillows, throw pillows, heap of pillows in the corner reading nest pillows. Instead of filling up your linen closet, they now are useful year round.
Classroom Storage Ideas
Organizing and Decorating with Baskets
Finding Frugal Storage Solutions
Cheap Storage Solutions
Storage Solutions for Small Spaces
Space-Saving Storage Suggestions
'Pack Rat' Space Planning
- Sign up for Dollar Stretcher Tips newsletter to receive tips from other TDS readers that will help you stretch your dollars and save time while doing so.
- Sign up for Savvy Savings at TDS newsletter for some of the best bargains available for Dollar Stretchers!
- Follow our Handy Household Tips board on Pinterest
- Visit our Home & Auto section each week for our latest home cleaning and organization articles and tips.
Also in Home
- Tricks to painting interior trim
- Affordable chimney care
- Do-it-yourself brick walkways
- The pros and cons of having a homeowners association
- 5 places to find free firewood
- Homemade detergent for HE washing machines
- 5 best budget decorating tips under $20
- How to make garden stones
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 5 home renovation can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?