Keeping fleas and ticks out of your home and yard and off your pet
Pests & Bugs: Fleas and Ticks
Pests & Bugs: Ants
Pests & Bugs: Flies and Mosquitoes
Pests & Bugs: Insects
Pests & Bugs: Mammals
Pests & Bugs: Reptiles
Pests & Bugs: Roaches
Gardening: Pest Control
Natural Living: Pest Control
Your pet is a member of your family and you hate to see them scratch and suffer with fleas. What can you do to eliminate fleas? And, is there a way to do it without nasty chemicals? To find out we've invited William Slade, general manager of DoMyOwnPestControl.com to join us for The Dollar Stretcher interview.Tick Prevention
"In the last few days, I've found a couple of ticks on our dog. We've dealt with fleas in the past, but I don't know what to do with ticks. Since we have a toddler who loves the dog, I'm concerned about chemicals. Is there anything that we can use that's not too nasty that will eliminate ticks and keep them from coming back?"Controlling and Eliminating Fleas
Whether you have pets or not, you can sometimes find yourself battling fleas in your yard and home. Here are some tips for both preventing and eliminating fleas.Low Cost Flea Control
A flea infestation can be costly; even if you don't hire an exterminator, you're spending money on flea-and-tick remedies for your pets, house, and yard. This is better than living with fleas, but there are other, less-expensive options.Natural Flea Control
Fleas. Just the mere mention of these annoying bugs has the ability to give pet owners nightmares. These hard bodied, wingless insects feed on blood but can survive for weeks without eating at all when living in carpet, soil, or grass. How do we rid ourselves and our pets of these disease-carrying insects? Here are some natural remedies that do work.Repelling and Eliminating Ticks
If you have pets, espcially dogs, you will typically have to deal with ticks at some point. TDS readers share their tips for repelling and eliminating ticks.Safe Tick Relief
"Is there a non-toxic product that would kill ticks on our property, but at the same time, be safe for our children and all of the wild animals? Every year, we are pulling off ticks. It's terrible. So is there something that we can do?"Natural Flea Prevention
"I was wondering if there are any home remedies to get rid of fleas. I live in town and the house next door is about three feet from my house. They had extremely bad fleas and their yard is full of them. Anytime we go outside, if we are in that yard, we bring fleas into my home. I have two indoor cats and a toddler so I do not want to have to spray my house anymore than necessary."Flea Removal Challenge
"We cannot get rid of the fleas. I have tried everything I know. I have bombed the house, dipped the animals and sprayed the yard. I have gotten the drops for the dog that you put on his neck and back and nothing is working. The fleas are driving us crazy. Can anyone help? I can't afford to keep buying all of these flea products with no results."
Also in Home
- How to save energy by monitoring usage Giveaway
- Controlling a messy closet for less!
- How to find the best washing machine for your family
- Reduce your water bills with rain barrels
- Is hanging wallpaper a DIY job?
- Selling your home online
- Creative kids' rooms on a budget
- Natural care of fruit trees
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 5 home renovation can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?