Preventing and eliminating flies and mosquitoes from your yard and home
Pests & Bugs: Flies and Mosquitoes
Pests & Bugs: Ants
Pests & Bugs: Fleas and Ticks
Pests & Bugs: Insects
Pests & Bugs: Mammals
Pests & Bugs: Reptiles
Pests & Bugs: Roaches
Gardening: Pest Control
Natural Living: Pest Control
We all like to think our home is a sanctuary against the vagaries of the outside world. Therefore, there is nothing more shocking or upsetting as finding an infestation of insects in our homes. While these invasions can cover a wide array of insects, we'll be singling out the frustrating fruit fly. Here are some tips to keep them away for good.Shoo Fly, Don't Bother Me!
With the advent of mosquito season, many people are feeling concern for more than just the annoying itchiness of a bite or two. Worries about West Nile Virus are leading many who would normally avoid excessive use of chemicals to start spraying and slathering on insect repellents containing the chemical DEET. But are there valid, healthier options when it comes to repelling our fine buzzing and biting friends? You bet! The most common, and most effective, natural insect repellents are various essential oils.Don't be the Main "Mosquito" Attraction
One of the best ways to keep mosquitoes from getting the bite on you is to avoid being the main attraction at your local mosquito theme park in the first place. Understanding a bit about mosquito behavior can help avoid calling unnecessary attention to yourself.How to Get Rid of Fruit Flies in the House
"For the past few months, I have had a big problem with those pesky little "fruit flies" in my home. I do not leave fruit out on the counter, so I know that isn't the problem. I wanted to know if any of the readers have had this problem and how they solved it? I would appreciate any assistance."Nature's Best
The author passes on her wisdom of her natural approach to pest control so you can learn from both her mistakes and her triumphs.Natural Backyard Mosquito Control
"Do you have any hints on how to take back the backyard from the mosquitoes this summer? I would like to enjoy the great outdoors in my country home again."Fly Control
"I live next to an alley where trash containers are kept. The flies have become overwhelming. We can't sit outside without being "attacked" by them. This morning I walked outside and there were about 100 flies milling around the area where the trash used to be kept (even though we have thoroughly cleaned that area). Any ideas what we can use to get rid of all these flies?"Pesky Flying Insects
"I need a sure way to get rid of pesky insects, especially mosquitoes, for outside entertaining. We will be having our annual family reunion. We have evenings of getting together, but the bugs want to share in our togetherness. We live in the south and there are lots of unwanted pests here."
Also in Home
- How to seal your basement from outside moisture
- Are you ready to buy your first home? Video
- How to clear a clogged drain naturally
- Indoor container gardening
- Hot? Turn on the furnace!
- The essential starting point to lower summer energy bills
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- How spring cleaning can save you money
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?