Ridding your yard and home of mice, rats and other rodents and mammals
Pests & Bugs: Mammals
Pests & Bugs: Ants
Pests & Bugs: Fleas and Ticks
Pests & Bugs: Flies and Mosquitoes
Pests & Bugs: Insects
Pests & Bugs: Reptiles
Pests & Bugs: Roaches
Gardening: Pest Control
Natural Living: Pest Control
If there's one thing I don't miss about living in the country, it's mice and flies. Okay, two things. But mice were probably the worst. We lived alongside a field that was often planted to corn, which is a crop that attracts raccoons, blackbirds and mice. Lots of mice. Here are a few ways that I battled them.Ideas for Getting Rid of Mice
The Dollar Stretcher readers share their tips and tricks on how to get rid of mice.Eliminating Field Mice
"My problem with field mice is that they are in the upstairs bathroom under the sink. I have a Jacuzzi and I'm sure that's where they are coming from, but I don't know where they are getting in and why they go upstairs when all the food is downstairs? We have no basement and can't find holes around the foundation. I'm grateful that they are not downstairs (even in the garage), but we've had 20 of them this year and we can't figure out where they are coming from and what they are eating. I don't want to chase them downstairs. Any help would be appreciated."Humane Mouse Removal
Even if we dislike mice, we do not necessarily want to be inhumane in our removal of them. Here are some tips to humanely remove mice from your home and yard.Not So Cute Anymore
"Chipmunks and their burrows are destroying my Midwest yard. How do I humanely rid my yard of these cute little pests?"Bad Hare Day
"Does anyone know of an effective non-toxic rabbit repellent? I've been unable to find anything organic that works."Getting Rid of Moles
"How do you get rid of moles? I have one that is ripping up my yard and I don't know how to get rid of him."Getting Rid of Pigeons
"We have pigeons that have staked out a corner of our house. They spend their time sitting under the eaves of the roof and making a mess on the ground underneath. Any advise for getting rid of them? FYI, this is an old four story house, so it is nearly impossible to reach their perch without a hook and ladder."Getting Rid of Squirrels in the Attic
"I have a squirrel living in my attic! The professionals want almost $300 to get it out and I don't have that kind of money to spend. I have looked in the archives of your website, but I can't find any inexpensive ways to get rid of the unwanted visitor. Any suggestions?"Humane Mouse Removal
"I've got mice in my garage. As I have to store car seats, kid toys, and other things I don't want doused with mouse wastes, I'm looking for a way to drive them out, short of getting a garage cat. Any "scarecrows" or other non-lethal ways of driving them off?"
Also in Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- Tha basics of financing a home improvement project
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Winter energy saving ideas for renters
- How to control carpenter ants
- 3 things you need to know about free firewood
- Essential fall home repairs
- Fill your home with things that you love
- Organize your garage
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?