Tips for lowering your cooling costs this summer
Air Conditioning: Frugal Ways to Lower Your Cooling Costs
The TDS Library
Also in Air Conditioning
Buying, Repairing and Maintenance
See Related:Appliances: Energy Use Energy: Insulating Utilities: Energy Efficiency A-Z Library Topics
Cutting your electric bills doesn't have to mean buying a bunch of gadgets -- or sitting alone in the dark. Here are five low-cost, no-stress ways to lower your cooling costs this summer. And some of them are almost as much fun as eating ice cream.How to Save on Cooling Costs
Summer is in full swing, and that means your air conditioning unit may be running daily. Unfortunately, that's bad for both the environment and your wallet. Here are some simple tips to cut back on your use of air conditioning.9 Ways to Cool Down Air Conditioning Costs
Hear that? It's the sound of your air conditioner running and the sound of your bank account drying up.How Much Will It Cost to Cool Your Home?
If you're trying to plan ahead for this summer and considering your options for cooling your home within a reasonable price range, it can be very helpful to compare options and see what you can expect to be paying. While the variants will clearly vary these formulas according to your location and the condition of your cooling equipment, you can still get a fairly good estimate with a basic formula.
7 Low Cost Ways to Stay Cool
You don't need to crank down the air conditioning to chill out as the mercury rises. In fact, all you really need is a relaxing rocking chair and one of these smart, budget-friendly summer solutions to stay cool.I'm Hot - Turn On The Furnace
With high energy and electricity prices, it's becoming a brutally expensive proposition to cool our homes during the summer. I've discovered a simple money-saving solution to this problem. When it gets super hot at my house, I just turn on the furnace. The furnace? Yep, you heard right. I cool my house with my oil furnace.Window Tint
"How much can window films save you on your utility bill? A friend claims that they really cut down her bills. Isn't it really expensive to buy?"How I'm Fighting High Energy Bills This Summer
The steps I took to reducing my summer energy bills were quite practical and easy for anyone to follow. Most of us have bad energy-using habits at home that add up eventually. The trick is to practice these following procedures and to use common sense during times of possible energy shortages. This is The essential starting point to lower summer energy bills.Cheaper Summer Cooling for Apartment Dwellers
If replacing windows or air conditioning units isn't an answer for you, here are some other ways to lower your cooling costs this summer.Hidden Energy Efficiencies
Consider getting an enery audit to determine just how much cool air is escaping from your home, and what repairs you can make to prevent the leakage from your home and your wallet.5 Summer Energy Savers
Whenever you save energy, the environment benefits and your summer colling costs are reduced. Here are a few ideas to keep you cooler as well as shave a few dollars off those monthly energy bills.
10 Tips for Keeping Cool
Way Cool: A Guide to Fans
Inexpensive Cooling...Without Your A/C
Summer Cooling Tips
Other Helpful Resources:
- Visit our Home & Auto section each week for our latest money-saving Home articles and tips.
Take the Next Step:
- If you'd like to make HVAC a career visit our friends for HVAC Certification (sponsored link)
Also in Home
- How to seal your basement from outside moisture
- Are you ready to buy your first home? Video
- How to clear a clogged drain naturally
- Indoor container gardening
- Hot? Turn on the furnace!
- The essential starting point to lower summer energy bills
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- How spring cleaning can save you money
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?