Raise a healthy, happy baby on a budget
Babies: Breastfeeding & Bottle Feeding
The TDS Library
Also In Babies
Saving on Raising Baby
Toys & Activities
Related:Children: Childcare Children: Toddlers Clothing: Maternity
In addition to the medical and health reasons to nurse one's baby instead of bottle-feeding with formula, it's convenient and it can save money, which all new parents would agree are nice benefits. If you are unsure whether you might wish to breast feed, this information can help guide you in your decision.Getting What's Good for Your Baby
We all want what's best for our baby, but for most, we still need to keep costs in check. The good news is for little or no cost, you can provide most of what your baby needs right now.
Save Money on Breastfeeding
While economical, breastfeeding is definitely not free when you add up the cost of a breast pump, consultations with lactation experts, and nursing gear. Try these easy ways to reduce the costs of breastfeeding even further.Everyday Baby Items
Whether you can't breastfeed or just feel bottlefeeding is more practical for you and your baby, you can still find ways to save. Our readers share how to find less expensive sources for baby formula and bottle liners, as well as other baby products.
The Economic Benefits of Breastfeeding
Breastmilk is the superior infant food. Take a look at what makes breastmilk so beneficial to baby as well as the three main economic benefits to breastfeeding.Fitting Baby into a Frugal Lifestyle
Breastfeeding is the first step in a healthy, frugal lifestyle for your baby because in most cases it allows you to give your baby the best possible nutrition without crippling your budget. Here are some excellent resouces that can guide you in breastfeeding your baby.We Can't Afford Baby Formula
For some families, breastfeeding baby is not an option and formula can get very pricey, especially if your little one requires a special brand due to health issues. These suggestions and resources can help you reduce the cost of baby's formula and hopefully put some wriggle room back in the budget.
Trending on TDS
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What's on sale in October
- 5 ways kids learn and earn from Minecraft
- Bad with money? Teach your kids to get it right
- How to help your children retire millionaires
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- 11 ways to prepare your family for cold and flu season
- Child's play! Kids crafts Video
- 3 herbal remedies for anxiety
- After school arts & crafts
- Creative ways to make old toys new again
- Working out with your baby
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator