Frugal baby activities and DIY toys that will keep baby happy and engaged
Babies: Toys & Activites
The TDS Library
Also In Babies
Breastfeeding and Bottle Feeding
Related:Children: Childcare Children: Toddlers Clothing: Maternity
Babies tend to lose interest and outgrow toys quite quickly so why spend your money on over-priced store-bought toys? With a little creativity, and following a few safety guidelines, you can make fun playthings that your baby is sure to love. These ideas and guidelines will help you make baby happy and keep him or her safe while keeping parents happy with the budget.Creative Baby Keepsakes
Babies don't stay babies for very long. Wouldn't it be nice if you could hold on to all those cute little expressions, mannerism, and milestones? Here are eight frugally creative, yet simple ways to capture those precious moments that you can look back on as your child grows up.Homemade Toys for Babies
Funny how babies and toddlers seem to always enoy playing with the box than with the toy that came inside. If you are crafty, and enjoy saving your money for things other than fancy expensive toys, have a look at these 16 toys you can make for baby.Start a Playgroup With Little or No Money
Parents are always seeking activities to do with their children, and many parents often join or start a playgroup. If you have not found one in your area, why not start your own? This graduated step plan will get you started and help you form your playgroup on whatever budget you have available.
No Cost Ways to Show Your Love
Hopefully all parents like to find meaningful ways to show love to their child. And there are a variety of no-cost ways to communicate this to our kids long before they can walk or talk. Use these simple ideas to show your love to your child each day. There are suggestions for age brackets beginning from 0 to 6 months up through age 5.Cleaning Stuffed Animals
With babies, everything goes right into the mouth so you want their toys to be as clean as possible. These tips will help you keep baby's stuffed toys clean without ruining them.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- Is your family normal? See how other households spend their money
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- What's on sale in November
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Kids' activities for Thanksgiving gatherings
- 5 ways to reduce the cost of kids' clothing
- What's the best way to bring a puppy into your family?
- 13 things to teach your children that will make their financial lives easier
- How a single mom can create multiple income streams
- Instead of toys for Christmas
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator