Try these tips for removing odors from your carpet, furniture, and any other smelly places in your home
Cleaning: Eliminating Odors
The TDS Library
She bought a fantastic used but well-made sofa set with slipcovers and was dismayed when she got home to find there was cigarette smoke damage. Being allergic to smoke, she needed a solution quickly. Here's what she did to eliminate the odor.Removing Home Odors Naturally
More than likely, you take pride in the appearance of your home. Still, sometimes there may be the issue of unpleasant odors. Maybe the smell is coming from a patch of carpet that still remembers when Fido was a puppy or maybe just from the trashcan because it's full of trash. It can be tempting to go out and get the most powerful chemical cleaner you can find. But, many smells can be dealt with both easily and cheaply with natural things already in your cabinets.Saving Money on Air Fresheners
I recently decided to try and make my own air freshener and do away with yet another aerosol can that goes in the trash. You add about 1/8 witch hazel, then fill rest of the bottle with water. Add 14 drops or so essential oil or fragrance oil, depending on how strong you like the scent. Shake and spray. Don't miss more air freshener tips and tricks.Cleaning Mildewed Stuffed Animals
It is possible to clean mildewed stuffed animals. Our readers share their tips and tricks on cleaning mildewed stuffed animals.
Lightening hit her camper and knocked out the refrigerator. The fridge was full when the power went down and it was almost two weeks before she found it. The smell almost knocked her down when she opened the door! Our readers share their tips and tricks on eliminating refrigerator odors.Removing Smokey Kitchen Odors
Don't miss these tips and tricks on how to remove smoke odor from a kitchen.Smelly Kitchen Plastic Containers
Have you ever had to throw out plastic containers because they had a lingering odor? Well, now you no longer have to throw them out. Our readers share their tips and tricks on cleaning smelly kitchen plastic containers.Eliminating Odors in Your Car
It's no fun being trapped in a stinky car. Our readers share their tips and tricks on how to remove nasty odors from a car.Using Old Spices for Homemade Aromatherapy
Depending on the herbs and spices, many lose their potency in about a year. When replacing them for fresher cooking condiments, save the old ones for these simple and healthful uses.Eliminating Gasoline Odors
Gas spilled in their vehicle and they can't seem to get rid of the odor. Our readers share their tips and tricks on how to eliminate gasoline smells.
13 Ways to Remove Odors Naturally
Removing Pet Urine Odors
The Many Uses of Baking Soda
Homemade Air Fresheners
Removing Smoke Odors from Car
Eliminating Odor in a Smelly Chest
Homemade Room and Fabric Deodorizers
Eliminating Mothball Odors
Eliminating Musty Smells
Removing Pet Urine Smells
Eliminating Fuel Smells from Laundry
Removing Sweat Stains and Odors
Removing Smoke Odors and Stains in Your Home
Also in Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- Tha basics of financing a home improvement project
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Winter energy saving ideas for renters
- How to control carpenter ants
- 3 things you need to know about free firewood
- Essential fall home repairs
- Fill your home with things that you love
- Organize your garage
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?