Frugal ways to keep your tile, laminate, hardwood and other types of non-carpeted flooring looking like new
Cleaning: Flooring (Non-Carpeted)
The TDS Library
When metal patio furniture leave rust stains on a patio, how do you make the patio look new again? Our readers share their tips and tricks for removing rust stains from a cement patio.Safe & Natural Hardwood Floor Cleaner
Her four-year-old hardwood floors are dingy and dirty looking. She wants that new floor shine again! Our readers recommend safe, natural hardwood floor cleaners.Cleaning Tile Floors
Is there a way to clean tile floors that won't leave a haze. Our readers share their tips and tricks on cleaning tile floors.Removing Urine Stains from Hardwood Floors
Their hardwood floors are stained black from pet urine stains. Our readers share their tips and tricks on how to remove urine stains from a hardwood floor.
She's looking for ways to make homemade floor cleaner. Our readers share their tips, tricks, and recipes for homemade floor cleaner.Using Steam Cleaners on Flooring
How well do steam cleaners work on flooring? Our readers share their tips and tricks for using steam cleaners on flooring.Cleaning Engineered Hardwood Floors
She's looking for advice on cleaning engineered hardwood floors. Our readers share their tips, tricks, and cautions on cleaning engineered hardwood floors.Choosing and Buying a Vacuum for Different Floor Types
She has hardwood or stone floors through the house with the exception of carpet in her children's room. She'd like a vacuum that would be versatile. Our readers give their recommendations.A Vacuum that Won't Break, For Less!
If you are having troubles with vacuum cleaners breaking, why not get a Shop Vac? They are made to vacuum up nuts and bolts, so how could you possibly break it? As an added bonus, they're cheap, too!Cleaners for Laminate Floors
They just installed a new laminate floor in their entry/kitchen area, and they're looking for suggestions on inexpensive cleaners? Our readers give their recommendations on inexpensive cleaners for laminate floors.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- How we saved $34k in interest on our mortgage before closing
- Buying an insurance-friendly car
- Tips for painting a basement floor Readers' Solutions
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?