Frugal tips for cleaning your carpet and keeping it looking its best
The TDS Library
A friend spilled a full cup of coffee all over her new carpeting. Now she's trying to figure out what's the best way to get it out. They can't afford to call in a professional. So, is there a way to clean up the coffee stain? Our readers share their tips and tricks to treating ugly coffee stains.7 Ways to Save on Carpet Cleaning
Fortunately, there are ways to save money on carpet cleaning. Here are several ways to extend the time between cleanings and ends with a more radical suggestion.How to Soften Your Carpet
Cleaning your carpet is sometimes a necessity. There are times when the added power of the industrial strength carpet cleaners is required, and there are times when homemade recipes can be used that are quicker and more economical. But, how do you soften your carpet after it's cleaned?Insider Report: Carpet Cleaning
There are things that you can do to aid in keeping your carpet in good condition. Here are a few do-it-yourself tips for clean everything from butter, oil and crayons to blood, chocolate and soy sauce from your carpeting.
Her puppy knocked a glass of red juice on the tan carpet. There are other stains, too. What can she use for removing carpet stains? Our readers share their tips and tricks for removing carpet stains.Choosing and Buying a Vacuum for Different Floor Types
She has hardwood or stone floors through the house with the exception of carpet in her children's room. She'd like a vacuum that would be versatile. Our readers give their recommendations.A Vacuum that Won't Break, For Less!
If you are having troubles with vacuum cleaners breaking, why not get a Shop Vac? They are made to vacuum up nuts and bolts, so how could you possibly break it? As an added bonus, they're cheap, too!Problem Pet Hair on Carpet
She has two cats and is having trouble getting the cat hair off the low-pile carpets. After trying to vacuum it with three different vacuum cleaners, it still just sits there. Our readers share their tips and tricks for getting pet hair out of carpeting.Carpet Cleaning Solutions
She would like to rent one of the commercial carpet cleaners, but has found that the price of the cleaner is outrageous! Does anyone have a recipe for carpet cleaner that can be used in one of those machines you can rent at the grocery store or home improvement store? Our readers share their great tips, tricks and recipes.Saving Wet Carpet
She wants to know if anybody knows how to get a mildew/moldy smell out of a carpet. Her drain tub for the laundry overflowed, causing her son's bedroom carpet to get wet down to into the padding. She's thinking of either shampooing the carpet or cutting the section out and replacing it. Does anybody know of any good suggestions? Once the carpet dries, is it possible to get the smell out? Our readers share their ideas.
Also in Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- Tha basics of financing a home improvement project
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Winter energy saving ideas for renters
- How to control carpenter ants
- 3 things you need to know about free firewood
- Essential fall home repairs
- Fill your home with things that you love
- Organize your garage
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Should I borrow from my home equity?
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?