Keeping the outside of your home can be just as important as the inside!
Cleaning: Home Exteriors
The TDS Library
The siding of your home is one of the first things people see as they approach your home. Some preventive cleaning and maintenance on a regular basis can keep the siding in good condition, and a clean and well-kept exterior will increase your home's value.Deck Clean-Up and Repair
A deck is a great place to spend time during the summer months, but decks grow old and tired. So let's take a look at your deck and see what you can do to restore it to its former glory.How to Clean Cement Driveways
If your cement driveways has picked up stains, what's the best way to clean it? Our readers share their tips and tricks to make a driveway look clean and new again.How to Keep Your Patio Clean
Like to do a lot of outdoor entertaining on your patio? If it's gotten stained over the years, how does a person get a patio looking really clean again? Our readers share their tips and tricks to cleaning a patio.
What will clean tar from white vinyl siding? Our readers share their tips and tricks for cleaning tar from vinyl siding.Gearing Up For Summer
Spring-cleaning your house should not just involve the deep-cleaning of the interior of your home, but it should also include preparing the outside of your home for all of those lovely days that you will be able to be out enjoying the sunshine.Clean Your BBQ for Sizzling Summer Cookouts
A dirty BBQ grill can put a damper on your summer cookouts and backyard parties. Here's how to prevent your grill from getting dirty unnecessarily.Cleaning Plastic Outdoor Furniture
Is there a solution for removing mildew from the plastic strips on motel-type outdoor furniture? After trying baking soda, vinegar, ammonia, and Mr. Clean pads to no avail, what should be next? Read on to find out what The Natural Handyman suggests.Dingy Vinyl Shutters
He has vinyl exterior shutters that have faded severely. Is there any product that can be applied to these shutters to restore them to their original color? The color is solid throughout with just the surface having faded. Short of washing, sanding, priming and repainting the vinyl shutters, what can be done? Our readers share their tips and tricks.Cleaning Aluminum Screen Doors
She has white aluminum screen doors that she's not able to get clean with her ordinary household cleaners. Is there a way to clean aluminum screen doors? Our readers share their tips and tricks.
Also in Home
- Financial benefits to living in a mobile or manufactured home
- Repurposing an entertainment center
- How to renew your home's doors
- 10 things you don't want to get caught doing in your closet
- Planning your summer garden
- The natural feeding of roses
- Removing mold from your walls
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 things to do before you buy a home
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?