Tips for keeping the busiest and messiest room in your house frugally clean
The TDS Library
The days are getting longer, and that means it's just about time to tackle spring cleaning. We all like to keep a clean kitchen, but every few months, it's important to give the kitchen a good scrub down and get everything freshened up and organized. Now that spring is upon us, it's time to get to work.How to Clean Greasy Kitchen Cabinets
What can be used to clean greasy kitchen cupboards? Are you tired of having them look and feel that way? Even if you do a lot of cooking, there's hope for your kitchen cabinets. Our readers share their tips and tricks on how to get the grime off of kitchen cabinets.How to Clean and Restore Cast Iron Cookware
She bought some used cast iron cookware and is wondering how to clean and restore them. Our readers share their tips and tricks on seasoning cast iron cookware for years of cooking bliss.Easy Oven Cleaning without Harsh Chemicals
Is it possible to really clean an oven without harsh chemicals? Our readers share their tips and tricks on easily cleaning an oven without nasty chemicals.
Most people don't love washing dishes. Add a few hard-to-clean pots with cooked-on gunk and the job gets even more unpleasant. Our readers share their dishwashing tips and tricks for hard to clean surfaces.Easy Cleaning Tips
She cleaned military family quarters for over 20 years as a part-time job while her kids were small. Her husband was a career Air Force man and they moved often so this allowed her to have a job at each new base they were stationed. Here are a couple of tips she learned over the years.Dishwasher Maintenance
The next time you find yourself reaching for the telephone to call a dishwasher repairman because the dishes are coming out dirtier than they went in, stop. For sparkling clean dishes load after load, a dishwasher needs monthly cleaning.Cleaning Used Appliances
After finding great deals on used small appliances, she's wondering how to clean and sanitize them. Our readers share their tips and tricks for cleaning used small appliances.Dirty Dishes Cause Debt!
Most people don't want to face the real causes of their debt. Their biggest problems are the things they like the most. Going out to eat is one of the top five causes of debt. Get those dirty dishes out of the sink!Renewing Pots and Pans
She has some expensive pots and pans that over the years have gotten black from grease and heat on the sides and bottom. The affected area is stainless steel. Our readers share their nifty, thrifty ideas for renewing pots and pans.
Degreasing Range Hood Filters
10 Helpful Kitchen Cleaning Tips
Removing Stains from Your Plastic Food Containers
Repairing Countertop Burns
2 Dozen Uses for Baking Soda
Removing Stainless Steel Scratches
Brightening Stainless Steel
Bye, Bye Paper Products
Gourmet Cooking Starts With Gourmet Cleaning
Cleaning Stained Glassware
Cleaning Stove Top Burners
Lazybones: Easier Dishwashing
Also in Home
- Tax consequences for selling your home in your 50's and 60's
- Should you refinance your home?
- How to repair ripped window and door screens
- What makes my electric bill so high?
- Homemade cleaner for jetted tubs, shower heads & sprayers
- How to remove urine stains from a hardwood floor
- Finding furniture for smaller spaces
- 10 ways to save money on your utility bill
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?