Try these tips for keeping your home clean and free of pet messes
The TDS Library
When most people bring home a pet, they don't take into account the accompanying "pet smell." As most pet owners know, there's a variety of "pet smells," none of them pleasant. The problem is worse when owners own multiple pets, especially canines. Luckily, there are a few things you can do to combat this.Natural Cleaners Safe for Pets
They have two dogs and currently use natural cleaners in their house. They would like to continue this, but wanted to know if somebody has any other ways to make natural all-purpose and floor cleaners that are safe for pets. Our readers chime in with their suggestions.The Best Vacuum for Pet Hair
What's the best vacuuum for pet hair? Our contributors share their thoughts on the vacuums that pick up Fido and Fluffy's hair best.Problem Pet Hair
This reader has two cats and is having trouble getting the cat hair out of her low-pile carpets and off furniture. She's tried vacuuming it with several different vacuum cleaners, but it's not working. Our contributors share their ways to successfully remove pet hair from furniture and carpeting.
They decided to let their new puppy become an inside dog and now their house is full of puppy hair. Their fabric sofa is covered in it and it doesn't vacuum up very easily. Their kids just adore having her in the house. Does anyone have any suggestions for theiry soon-to-be outside dog?Removing Pet Urine Smells
How can they get cat urine odor out of their carpet? They have a kitty who decided to "tinkle" in the same spot for a number of weeks. The urine has seeped down into the padding. Although they have used the standard over-the-counter products for neutralizing and deodorizing, the odor creeps up every now and then. Our readers offer suggestions.Getting Rid of Pet Urine Stains
Does anyone know how to remove pet urine stains from rugs? Her poodle has made his "mark" on her off-white area rug by urinating on it and she is having trouble getting rid of the stain. Here's what our readers suggest.
Also in Home
- Choosing the best driveway for your home and budget
- 13 ways to remove odors naturally
- Vertical gardening in small spaces
- The $150 bathroom redo
- Removing weeds and grasses
- Quality paint at bargain prices
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- How spring cleaning can save you money
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?