Save money and the environment by making your own bathroom cleaning products!
Cleaning: Homemade Cleaning Recipes for the Bathroom
The TDS Library
Try these homemade recipes to replace costly store-bought cleaners: Homemade Goo Gone, Homemade Soft Scrub Cleanser, Hand-Washing Dish Soap, Bathroom Grout Cleaner, All-Purpose Cleaner, Garbage Disposal Cleaner and Furniture Polish.Homemade Natural Sink & Shower Cleanser
A lot of people are trying to get away from the harsh chemicals that crowd the stores' shelves in the cleaning aisle. Most of the ingredients are unpronounceable. But here are two things that will keep your bathroom sparkling clean that we all have heard of and likely already have at home: toothpaste and baking soda.Homemade Cleaners on the Cheap
Here are some tips for using and making your own homemade cleaners from Dining on a Dime Cookbook. Most are simple and only take a few minutes to mix.Natural Home Clean Up
Even if you don't want to replace all of your cleaners with homemade versions, consider gradually phasing in a few homemade mixtures using these recipes as your routine products need replacing. Trying some of these alternatives to expensive, toxic commercial cleaning products can prove to be both budget and environmentally friendly.
Happy Homemaking the Homemade Way
It's easier than you think to get started with homemade cleansers. And it does not mean that you need to purchase a ton of items; in fact, most homemade cleaners can be made from things you already have in your house. Try these very simple recipes to make your own homemade oven cleaner/deep kitchen cleaner, all-purpose cleaner, glass cleaner, silver cleaner, and more.Natural, Non-Hazardous Cleaning
Non-hazardous cleaning alternatives can easily be mixed up and stored in labeled reused containers using ingredients commonly found around the house. Here is a great list of suggestions of effective solutions you can make yourself for mere pennies.Make Your Own Cleaners
Try these easy, safe, inexpensive recipes to make your own Extra Strength Multi-Purpose Cleaner, Window Cleaner, Disinfectant Wipes and more.Homemade Household Cleaning Products
Have you ever wondered what people used to clean their house before so many different kinds of cleaning products were so readily available on the market? Try these 'home remedies' to unclog drains, clean stubborn stains in your bathtub or shower, remove scuffs from flooring and more.Save Money on Homemade Cleansers
Enlisting the helpful knowledge of her husband, a microbiology/chemistry student, she came up with these great recipes for homemade cleansers: Window/Glass Cleaner, Mold/Mildew Remover, Toilet Bowl Cleanser, and Bathroom/Kitchen Cleanser. Why not give them a try and see how much money you can save?Homemade Household Wipes & Antibacterial Spray
These money-saving recipes will save you time as well. See how it easy is can be to make your own wipes for the bathroom and for windows, too! And the antibacterial spray recipe will help keep your bathroom germ free.
Also in Home
- 7 ways to save on carpet cleaning
- DIY pool maintenance
- How to use the home loan comparison calculator
- Saving money with home maintenance Video
- Easy oven cleaning without harsh chemicals
- Get rid of roaches safely
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- How spring cleaning can save you money
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?