Ways to spring clean for less green
Cleaning: Spring Cleaning
The TDS Library
Spring cleaning is around the corner, and few of us are looking forward to it. Cleaning and discarding household items is a lot of work. Although the results are pretty, the process can be boring and exhausting. So here is a little extra incentive for you: In addition to a shiny-clean home, that hard work may pay off in the form of some extra money in your pocket. Here's how spring cleaning helps you save cash:Spring Cleaning In Your Kitchen
The days are getting longer! And you know what that means? It's just about time to get those gardens in, the patio furniture out, and to tackle that spring cleaning. It's also time to give the kitchen a good scrub down and get everything freshened up and organized. And now that spring is upon us, it's time to get to work.Spring Clean Your Computer
As spring settles in, we all start thinking about cleaning. But what about your computer? It's a good idea to also think about cleaning the technology in your house too. Here are some tips as you check computer cleaning off your list.5 Days to a Cleaner Home
Devoting an entire weekend or even a few uninterrupted hours to deep cleaning our homes is difficult. A clean, organized house is great, but getting to that point with a full-time job, a family, or many other responsibilities might be difficult. So how about breaking up your cleaning tasks to be done according to a daily schedule, so you aren't faced with four hours of house cleaning on a beautiful spring Saturday?Natural Products for Spring Cleaning
Spring has sprung, and it's time to get out the mops, brooms, sponges, and dust cloths. And don't forget all the cleaning products. If you don't already have a lot of cleaning products on hand, shopping for them can cause quite a dent in your wallet. Plus, you're adding all kinds of chemicals to your home. Is there a natural way to spring clean?
Spring Cleaning Made Easy
Seeing how I absolutely hate to clean, I have found the only thing that really works for me is music. I turn on my favorite music and I dance and clean my way to a clean house. I actually had my husband burn me a CD with my favorite songs and the only time I listen to this CD is when I have major cleaning to do. My kids now get into the act because they enjoy the music as well, and my dogs run for cover. They know as soon as they hear a certain song that the vacuum cleaner is coming out next, so they run and hide. Don't miss the other great spring cleaning tips.Spring Cleaning for Today's Mom
Instead of doing one deep cleaning, I "spring clean" all year long. With a busy toddler and the daily maintenance of my home, there are days when I feel really proud of myself if I can get out of my pajamas. If you are anything like me, try and incorporate these tips into your daily routine, so you can relax while everyone else is tired and haggard from their day of spring cleaning.Could Spring (Cleaning) Come Early?
Can spring cleaning come early? Make your home feel spring fresh any time of year with these simple tips.Spring Cleaning - the Frugal Way
If we're to believe the advertisements, our houses will never be clean without an assortment of new, wonderful and expensive products. Not true, says the frugal homemaker. Your house can be spic and span with just a few household products that you probably already have in your kitchen.
Also in Home
- Tax consequences for selling your home in your 50's and 60's
- Should you refinance your home?
- How to repair ripped window and door screens
- What makes my electric bill so high?
- Homemade cleaner for jetted tubs, shower heads & sprayers
- How to remove urine stains from a hardwood floor
- Finding furniture for smaller spaces
- 10 ways to save money on your utility bill
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?