The Dollar Stretcher
Get Out of Debt Course
Do you need to get out of debt? Many of us do!
According to The Urban Institute 35% of Americans have at least one debt in collections. Typically for a debt to be in collections it has to be at least 6 months past due! The 77 million Americans with debt in collections owed an average of $5,200.
You may not have a debt in collections, but could still have a debt problem. Many more than the 77 million are struggling to keep up with mortgage, rent, car, student loans and minimum credit card payments. According to The Brookings Institute, 38 million Americans live paycheck to paycheck. Are you one of them?
You may not even have a debt problem. Just a desire to reduce interest rates, write smaller checks to the lender and have the debt paid off sooner. We can help with that, too.
We want to help. If you know what your problem is we'll walk you through possible solutions. If you're not sure, The Dollar Stretcher Get Out of Debt Course is designed to help you determine whether you have a debt problem. And, if you do, we'll show you how to get out of debt. We'll provide you with the proper tools and resources to dig out of your debt problem.
If you are certain that you do not have a debt problem, but you do wish to pay off your debt more quickly, select a debt option to get started: reduce my mortgage payment, lower my car payment(s) or payoff my credit cards as quickly as possible.
If you think you might have a debt problem or know that you do, how would you describe yourself? Select the option that best describes your debt situation:
- I don't know if I have a debt problem, but I'd like to find out.
- I think I have a debt problem, but I'm not sure what's causing it.
- I know that I have a debt problem. It's my credit cards.
- I know that I have a debt problem. It's my car payment(s).
- I know that I have a debt problem. It's my student loans.
- I know that I have a debt problem. It's my mortgage.
- I know that I have a debt problem. I can't pay my taxes.
If you're really not sure where to start, send us an email describing your situation. Tell us the important elements and we'll try to point you in the right direction.
If you are working to get out of debt, our free weekly Surviving Tough Times newsletter can be a great tool. Each issue features great ways to help you stretch your dollars and make the most of your resources. Subscribe today! You can also like us on Facebook or follow us on Twitter. We post tips and ideas daily to help you make extra cash and trim monthly expenses so you can free up additional money to put towards your debt.
Take Action Now:
- Almost everyone has some type of debt. Choose an area that you'd like to get under control or at least would like to lower your payments and get started now.
- Understand what the future may have in store for you if you decide not to do anything about your debt.
Share your thoughts with the editor.