DIY project and craft ideas for things you can make for your garden
Gardening Project & Craft Ideas
When you spring clean this year, before you throw away that old toolbox, consider turning it into a planter that will add a creative touch to your patio or garden. Learn how to make this simple, cheap project.DIY Backyard Waterfall
They want to add a waterfall to their backyard. Is there an inexpensive way to add a water feature to property? Our readers share their tips and tricks for making the perfect DIY backyard waterfall.
Make Your Own Faux Volcanic Rock Pots & Planters
If you dream of elegant stone planters and garden art, but simply can't justify the cost, there is another solution. Making your own hypertufa pots saves money while producing attractive planters.Quick & Easy Garden Container Project
Looking for a quick, easy container to add some flair to a boring deck, yard or patio? Look no further! Here is a project that will take less than 30 minutes, can be inexpensive, and is a creative take on ordinary container gardening!
DIY Raised Hay Bale Garden Beds
Raised bed gardens are a great solution for growing plants. If the cost of construction supplies like wood and nails isn't appealing and won't leave room in the budget for gardening supplies, consider a raised hay bale garden instead.Do-It-Yourself Greenhouse Plans
Are you considering a greenhouse for winter growing? Where do you start? Is it necessary to buy a pre-made kit? Our readers share their best tips and tricks for creating a DIY backyard greenhouse.Make an Easy and Elegant Birdbath
Bringing birds to your garden is one of the great joys of any gardener. Water is a must in creating a bird-friendly garden. Here is quick, easy birdbath that looks elegant and can be made from items you probably already have on hand.Backyard Greenhouses
Build a greenhouse so you can grow vegetables all year long with these suggestions for building a budget-friendly backyard greenhouse from our readers.How to Make Garden Stones
Garden stones have a multitude of uses. They can form pathways, draw attention to special garden spots, add fun and color to landscaping, and even introduce a personal aspect to the yard. So, grab your trowel and a bag of concrete and start mixing. It's time to make garden stones.
The Shoestring Gardener provides creatively frugal gardening how-tos, remedies & tips.Rock Gardens Backyard Ponds
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 4 ways to pay off your mortgage earlier
- What tools do you need to start a food garden?
- DIY repair of ripped window and door screens
- Homemade cleaner for jetted tubs, shower heads & sprayers
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Should I refinance my mortgage?
- Compare HELOC rates
- Check for a lower homeowners insurance rate
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?