Don't let lawn pests gobble up your green
Outdoor Pest Control
Chipmunks and their burrows can quickly destroy a yard. So how do you humanely rid a yard of these cute little pests? Our readers share their tips and tricks.Nightcrawlers
Nightcrawlers can leave a yard lumpy and uneven, making walking difficult and mowing a real treat. Is there a way to get rid of night crawlers short of putting up a "Worms For Sale" sign? Our readers share their tips and tricks for getting rid of nightcrawlers.
Bad Hare Day
"Does anyone know of an effective non-toxic rabbit repellent? I've been unable to find anything organic that works."Doggie Don't! Keeping Dogs Out of Your Yard
How can you keep neighborhood dogs from using your yard as an outhouse?Getting Rid of Moles
"How do you get rid of moles? I have one that is ripping up my yard and I don't know how to get rid of him."
To create the garden of your dreams, get some expert help.
Burpee's choice selection of garden-proven supplies will get your garden off to a great start!
Beetle grubs can turn a fine looking lawn into a patchwork quilt of yellow spots. But before you reach for the insecticide bottle, there are a number of organic alternatives that will help you cope with the grubs without poisoning yourself or your family.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 4 ways to pay off your mortgage earlier
- Preparing your home for sale
- How to seal your basement from outside moisture
- 4 ways to extend the life of your car
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Should I refinance my mortgage?
- Compare HELOC rates
- Check for a lower homeowners insurance rate
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?