Frugal tree maintenance and removal tips
TDS readers share their most effective frugal solutions.Removing a Downed Tree
Is there an inexpensive way of removing a downed tree? Our readers share their tips for getting tree that is down on the ground removed for a cheap price.
Potted Christmas Trees
Getting a live, potted Christmas tree may be a great idea, especially if it can be used it as a Christmas tree for a few years (as long as it stays alive). Then when it grows too big to be a Christmas tree, it could either planted it in a yard, in a community, or in a forest. But how do you keep it alive?It Has to Go! Inexpensive Tree Removal
Do you have a tree that has to go, but the cost of removing it is prohibitive? Our readers share their frugal DIY tree removal tips.Killing Stubborn Stumps
If you recently cut down a tree in your yard, you have several options for getting rid of the unsightly stump, including the stubborn ones. Our readers share their tips and tricks for getting rid of a stump that keeps trying to grow back.Might Your Tree Crack?
Winter can be hard on plants. Younger trees or those with smooth barks may be subject to frost cracks. Here's what to look for and how to prevent them from happening in the first place.
For all of your home improvement projects, shop at Homedepot.com!Caring for Walnut Trees
Walnut trees are wonderful. They provide a lot of shade and, of course, the nuts. Here's how to care for them so they'll bless you with their bounty for years to come.
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 4 ways to pay off your mortgage earlier
- Preparing your home for sale
- How to seal your basement from outside moisture
- 4 ways to extend the life of your car
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Should I refinance my mortgage?
- Compare HELOC rates
- Check for a lower homeowners insurance rate
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?