Keeping that home office clutter under control
Frugal Home Office Organization
One thing you learn from working in a library is that libraries are the ultimate source for frugal organizing. Librarians by nature are a very organized group and the usual funding issues libraries face create an optimal environment for the best in organizing on a shoestring. Here are the top five frugal organizing ideas I learned on the job.His Desk, Her Desk: Decorating a Home Office
Ever wish your desk could look as spiffy as the ones you see in those magazine layouts? Create an attractive and useful workspace that suits your own particular likes and needs. You don't need big bucks, only a trip to the dollar store.Organized Craft Supplies
If you're a weekend crafter like me, you probably have a lot of crafting odds and ends lying around. They get all jumbled together depending on what project you're working on at the moment. Here are some tips for unjumbling them!
Systematize and Simplify Your Office Life
During thirty years as a time management speaker and consultant, I have learned and shared a lot of simple practices that help my audiences to increase their daily results. A lot of time is wasted because we don't have a system in place for many of the repetitive tasks we do so that we have to pay over and over again, with our time, for the same results. Here are some tips to simplify all areas of your life.The Movable Office
TDS readers share their creative solutions to manage their papers for busy projects they're involved with from multiple locations without springing for the expensive planners.The Real Benefits to an Organized Home Office
Liz Folger interviews Janet Taylor, owner of Totally Organized. Janet shares her ideas to save time and money through organization.Where Are Those Scissors?
"I was wondering if anybody had any good organization tips. I need tips specifically on organizing small things like pens, pencils, paperclips, rubber bands, markers, rulers, tape, that kind of thing. It seems like we have these everywhere in our house and many times I have a hard time trying to look for a ruler, or tape, or that one pair of scissors."
More Money-Saving Tips for Your Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 4 ways to pay off your mortgage earlier
- What tools do you need to start a food garden?
- DIY repair of ripped window and door screens
- Homemade cleaner for jetted tubs, shower heads & sprayers
- This week's Readers' Tips
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs?
- Should I refinance my mortgage?
- Compare HELOC rates
- Check for a lower homeowners insurance rate
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?