Knowing the best time to collect can help ensure you get the maximum Social Security benefit entitled to you
Guidelines and Tips for Collecting Social Security
Use this tool to determine the best time to take Social Security benefits.Expert Interview: When to Begin Taking Social Security Distributions
What's your break even age?Expert Interview: 2 Reasons to Collect Social Security Benefits As Soon As Possible
Do they apply to you?
Why Your Social Security Statements Are Wrong
How COLAs affect when you should take Social Security.Prime Time for Taking Social Security Benefits
Deciding when to take retirement benefits may not be as difficult as you might think.When to Begin Taking Social Security
Begin receiving Social Security too early and you may get less than you deserve.The Case Against Taking Social Security at 62
It's tempting to request retirement benefits as soon as possible. But it can pay to wait.Should I Delay Taking Social Security Past Age 70?
It doesn't pay to wait past age 70 to collect benefits, but working might help.
You've learned how to work smarter, not harder.
After 50 Finances is a weekly newsletter dedicated to people just like you. Subscribe and start saving today!
It's rarely a good idea to file for Social Security at 62 -- except in these cases.
Baby Boomer Tools & Resources
- A tool to determine the best time to take Social Security benefits
- Get out of debt before you retire
- Get free answers to financial questions
- Get free answers to legal questions
- Retirement shortfall calculator
- Life expectancy calculator
- IRA required minimum distribution calculator
- More retirement planning calculators
Trending in Baby Boomers
- Investing retirement money that you may never need
- Financial tips when nearing retirement
- Why pay off your mortgage with a reverse mortgage loan?
- 3 ways retirees can tap into their home equity
- 2 reasons to collect Social Security benefits as soon as possible
- Talking to aging parents about finances
- Should you create a trust?
- Budget friendly ways to turn back the clock
- This week's Readers' Tips