Strategies that can help you maximize your Social Security benefits
Social Security Filing Strategies
Before you start claiming your benefits, think about how this decision will affect each one of you.Social Security Benefits If You've Been Married More Than Once
Could you be getting a bigger check each month?Taking Survivors Social Security Benefits versus Spousal Benefits
Timing is everything when claiming Social Security. Here's how it works.
Spend Savings Early and Get Social Security at 70?
Financial experts disagree about when to claim Social Security and how to spend savings.Can I Increase My Benefits by Suspending Social Security?
Yes, you can suspend Social Security benefits at age 66. Is that a smart move?Work and Tap 401(k) to Delay Social Security?
Tapping Social Security early has its disadvantages -- especially in this case. Here's why you should wait.File Social Security Early to Invest?
Taking your benefits before reaching full retirement age might be a mistake. Here's why.Should We Divorce to Maximize Social Security?
It's probably not a good idea to get a divorce to maximize Social Security. Here's why.
You've learned how to work smarter, not harder.
After 50 Finances is a weekly newsletter dedicated to people just like you. Subscribe and start saving today!
Erasing low-earning or zero years from your Social Security earnings record can raise your benefits.Living Off IRA vs Drawing Social Security
Conventional wisdom says not to tap IRAs before age 70 1/2, but it may not apply here.
Baby Boomer Tools & Resources
- A tool to determine the best time to take Social Security benefits
- Get out of debt before you retire
- Get free answers to financial questions
- Get free answers to legal questions
- Retirement shortfall calculator
- Life expectancy calculator
- IRA required minimum distribution calculator
- More retirement planning calculators
Trending in Baby Boomers
- Investing retirement money that you may never need
- Financial tips when nearing retirement
- Why pay off your mortgage with a reverse mortgage loan?
- 3 ways retirees can tap into their home equity
- Using credit cards in retirement
- Could an underfunded government pension put your retirement at risk?
- Get onboard with affordable train travel
- This week's Readers' Tips