Tax tips for student loans, education expenses, and 529 plans
A 529 plan is a great way to save for college. Is there a tax hit when shifting from one plan to another? Dr. Don answers this question.Tax Credits for Higher Education
Are you footing the costs of higher education for yourself or your family? Let your Uncle Sam lend a hand with some tax credits. Two tax credits, the American opportunity credit and the lifetime learning credit, can help students and their parents defray education expenses.
Getting Tax Credit for Education Expenses
Can you write off the cost of school supplies as an education expense?Education Loans Can Provide a Tax Break
A good education is a valuable commodity. It can even pay off for you at tax time if you took out a loan to further your schooling.How Co-Signer Can Get Deduction for Paying Student Loan
If you co-signed for your kid's student loans and are making the payments yourself, why should they get the deduction? Here is how you can make sure you get the deduction.
Get your biggest tax refund. Start free at TurboTax.
More Money Tips & Tools
- How to get a faster tax refund
- Personal finance calculators everyone should use
- Why you should know your credit card payment cutoff time
- Saving-money secrets of the rich and frugal
- 5 low-risk ways to earn higher interest now
- How to save money fast
- 7 IRA withdrawals that don't trigger a penalty
- This week's Readers' Tips