"Popping" CV Joints
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I can hear my CV joints "popping" as I turn my wheels. I know I need to replace them right away, but I can't afford the cost right now. What damage, if any, am I doing to my car?
Well, the worst possible thing that could happen is that the joints finally break. When this happens, you will have no power sent to the wheels and you will be stuck. Depending on where it breaks, you may be throwing a drive shaft (essentially what CV shafts are) all around banging into things in the engine compartment. It may happen at the absolute wrong time, like when pulling out into traffic, then whammo no more power and here comes that big truck you were just going to cut off. Now, I know this seems pretty bad, but like I said, this is the worst thing that could happen.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
If you have a question for Bob send it to: . He's able to answer many of them personally and we'll include the best questions in future issues of The Dollar Stretcher.
Also In This Week's Issue
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- How to regain storage space and cut the clutter
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Free fireplace logs
- 8 kitchen remodeling projects for under $500
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 hazards your home insurance won't cover
- How to save on mortgage as rates rise
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free money-saving articles in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Surviving Tough Times.