Cyber Sites for Moms
by Kathleen Bieke
A funny thing happened to me while searching for a cookie recipe website. I discovered that Judy Garland despised chicken soup. I found out much more too. While looking over a general recipe site, one of the links really got my attention. It is called Soupsong: soupsong.com. It is by far the craziest place to get a soup recipe. From alphabet soup to zwei-bohnenensuppe (two bean soup) to why Judy hated chicken soup. (When she was fourteen, her studio told her that she had to slim down and was put on a chicken soup, black coffee and diet pill program. Ick!) If you want a soup recipe, this is the place to get it. If you need a recipe and it is not here, it does not exist. It is actually a bit frightening that there is such a comprehensive site devoted to the topic of soup. Who likes it (and hates it), songs about it, quotes about soup (can ya believe that one?) and of course, detailed recipes. It gets my highest rating simply because of its content. It's all there, folks, from soup to uh, soup. Until next time.
We're still paying off last Christmas and worry how we'll afford the holidays this year without charging it again! Tell us: Yes, we could use help getting out of the debt trap we're in! or No, debt is not a problem for us but I'm always looking for ways to trim my family's expenses further!
More Money-Saving Tips for Families
- Best September bargains for thrifty shoppers
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Start now and have a stress free Christmas later
- Raising money for your school, church or non-profit group
- Inexpensive storybook costume ideas
- Organizing the disorganized mom
- This week's Readers' Tips