Cyber Sites for Moms
by Kathleen Bieke
A funny thing happened to me while searching for a cookie recipe website. I discovered that Judy Garland despised chicken soup. I found out much more too. While looking over a general recipe site, one of the links really got my attention. It is called Soupsong: soupsong.com. It is by far the craziest place to get a soup recipe. From alphabet soup to zwei-bohnenensuppe (two bean soup) to why Judy hated chicken soup. (When she was fourteen, her studio told her that she had to slim down and was put on a chicken soup, black coffee and diet pill program. Ick!) If you want a soup recipe, this is the place to get it. If you need a recipe and it is not here, it does not exist. It is actually a bit frightening that there is such a comprehensive site devoted to the topic of soup. Who likes it (and hates it), songs about it, quotes about soup (can ya believe that one?) and of course, detailed recipes. It gets my highest rating simply because of its content. It's all there, folks, from soup to uh, soup. Until next time.
Trending on TDS
- An affordable wardrobe for a nursing mom
- Cutting the cost of corrective lenses down to size
- Cheaper kitty litter
- Dental plans: A bright smile for less
- Happy Birthdays on a budget
- 200+ ideas for summertime fun
- Easy to make musical instruments for kids
- 4 tips for enjoying a 'staycation'
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Grocery items you can find on sale in July
- 8 items to buy at yard sales this summer
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator