The Romantic: Jump Start a Romantic Evening
by Michael Webb
Do you have a garage with an automatic door opener? Have I got a clever idea for you. The next time you really want to surprise your darling as they come home from a weary day at work, go into the garage and tie a three foot string onto the bottom handle of the garage door. On the other end of the string attach a card or lightweight (non-breakable) gift. When they hit the opener, the card and gift will magically rise from the floor to greet them as they arrive.
Now, if you would like to go over the top with this idea, tie balloons, streamers and other festive items to the bottom of the door too. You could even create a banner that would run the entire length of the garage if you were up to it. Just imagine your sweetheart's expression as they click open the garage door and an instant party celebration magically rises in the air to welcome them home.
Michael Webb is author of The RoMANtic's Guide: Hundreds of Creative Tips for a Lifetime of Love. You can order at Amazon.com or for more of Michael's FREE tips, visit www.TheRomantic.com
Trending on TDS
- 13 ways to pull your kids away from technology this summer
- Family reunion food
- Baby toys you can make
- 9 tools for getting and staying organized
- Making ends meet as a single parent
- Kid friendly vacations on a tank of gas
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in July
- 5 ways kids learn and earn from Minecraft
- 5 ideas for a kid-free mom cave
- In your 30s with kids? You need life insurance
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator