The Romantic: Jump Start a Romantic Evening
by Michael Webb
Do you have a garage with an automatic door opener? Have I got a clever idea for you. The next time you really want to surprise your darling as they come home from a weary day at work, go into the garage and tie a three foot string onto the bottom handle of the garage door. On the other end of the string attach a card or lightweight (non-breakable) gift. When they hit the opener, the card and gift will magically rise from the floor to greet them as they arrive.
Now, if you would like to go over the top with this idea, tie balloons, streamers and other festive items to the bottom of the door too. You could even create a banner that would run the entire length of the garage if you were up to it. Just imagine your sweetheart's expression as they click open the garage door and an instant party celebration magically rises in the air to welcome them home.
Michael Webb is author of The RoMANtic's Guide: Hundreds of Creative Tips for a Lifetime of Love. You can order at Amazon.com or for more of Michael's FREE tips, visit www.TheRomantic.com
Trending on TDS
- 8 things your kids need to know about money
- How to save on and enjoy a multi-family vacation
- Working for Avon or Mary Kay Video
- 3 great low cost summer activities with kids
- Teen jobs beyind babysitting and lawn mowing
- Frugal living ideas for large families
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in May
- Raising a child with financial smarts Video
- Savings challenge: Make your own fresh dog food
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator