courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a 1988 Mercury Topaz GS. Just recently, I was out with some friends and all of a sudden my blinkers stopped working. My hazard lights work fine, but no turn signals come on when I try to signal for a turn. Do you think the problem is within the fuse or what? About 5-6 months ago, I had it fixed and paid like $300. So why would it not work now again?
It is possibly the flasher unit Basically a little tin can about the diameter of a quarter and about 2 to 3 inches high. It is located under the dashboard usually near the fuse box. Occasionally it's in another location. The hazards have a separate unit. So that won't tell you much other than the lights are working or not.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- 10 ways to cut the cost of cleaning
- Natural homemade laundry soap
- How to buy a Christmas tree
- Preparing for a snow storm
- How to reduce heating bills
- Corian countertop repair
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 ways to organize your home in the new year
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?