courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a 1988 Mercury Topaz GS. Just recently, I was out with some friends and all of a sudden my blinkers stopped working. My hazard lights work fine, but no turn signals come on when I try to signal for a turn. Do you think the problem is within the fuse or what? About 5-6 months ago, I had it fixed and paid like $300. So why would it not work now again?
It is possibly the flasher unit Basically a little tin can about the diameter of a quarter and about 2 to 3 inches high. It is located under the dashboard usually near the fuse box. Occasionally it's in another location. The hazards have a separate unit. So that won't tell you much other than the lights are working or not.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Cleaning the things that clean
- Painting a basement floor
- Make your own laundry detergent
- Inexpensive backyard play areas
- Buying a new furnace
- Recycling 'gray' water
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- How spring cleaning can save you money
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?