courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a 1988 Mercury Topaz GS. Just recently, I was out with some friends and all of a sudden my blinkers stopped working. My hazard lights work fine, but no turn signals come on when I try to signal for a turn. Do you think the problem is within the fuse or what? About 5-6 months ago, I had it fixed and paid like $300. So why would it not work now again?
It is possibly the flasher unit Basically a little tin can about the diameter of a quarter and about 2 to 3 inches high. It is located under the dashboard usually near the fuse box. Occasionally it's in another location. The hazards have a separate unit. So that won't tell you much other than the lights are working or not.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Will my insurance spike if I rent out my basement?
- Why pay extra toward mortgage principal?
- 5 tips to sell a home before buying another
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?