Coffee on the Carpet
by Robert Kravitz
Here's what to do. Apply some mild dish detergent mixed with warm water on a clean towel. Do not rub - that can spread the stain. Instead, blot with the towel. Rinse the same way with warm water and a clean towel.
Coffee stains are best treated as soon as the spill occurs.
Courtesy of Altura Solutions Janitorial Resource Center. www.alturasolutions.com
Also in Home
- Buying carpet for less
- Inexpensive backyard play areas
- Eliminating bed bugs
- Managing home projects
- Furnishing your first apartment
- 7 low-cost ways to beat the heat
- Happy homemaking the homemade way
- DIY furniture remakes
- Inexpensive ways to change color of laminate countertops
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 5 home renovation can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?