Inexpensive Meals Kids Love
by Sarah Delaporte
Turn Your Kitchen into a Food Factory
Here are some tips for creating great tasting meals! Your kids will ask for more. Plus, it won't break your budget! They are also quick & easy to make!
Worms & Eyeballs
- 1 Package of Ramen Noodles
- A can of peas
Serving Size : 2
Follow the directions on the package of Ramen Noodles. After cooking strain water out of ramen noodles & add cooked peas.
Make your child's favorite sandwich with peanut butter, jelly, honey, tuna, cold meat or other favorite. Cut the sandwich into several pieces & allow your child to piece it back together.
A Good Egg
- 2 Boiled Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of Butter
Crush the boiled egg with a fork. Add Butter & Salt. Best when served warm.
Worms in Dirt
- 1 bag of gummy wormsp
- Plastic cups (preferably clear)
- crushed Oreo cookies.
Pour crushed Oreo cookies into individual plastic cups. "Bury" worms in the crushed Oreo cookies. Serve.
Sarah Delaporte hosts the Freebie Coupon Corner.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Take the Next Step
Trending on TDS
- A great way to save for your kids' college TDS Recommends
- Helping your parents move out of the family homestead
- DIY kids' haircuts
- Flying with babies
- Do I need a will?
- The quest to find cheap food for baby
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in May
- Raising a child with financial smarts Video
- Savings challenge: Make your own fresh dog food
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator