Inexpensive Meals Kids Love
by Sarah Delaporte
Turn Your Kitchen into a Food Factory
Here are some tips for creating great tasting meals! Your kids will ask for more. Plus, it won't break your budget! They are also quick & easy to make!
Worms & Eyeballs
- 1 Package of Ramen Noodles
- A can of peas
Serving Size : 2
Follow the directions on the package of Ramen Noodles. After cooking strain water out of ramen noodles & add cooked peas.
Make your child's favorite sandwich with peanut butter, jelly, honey, tuna, cold meat or other favorite. Cut the sandwich into several pieces & allow your child to piece it back together.
A Good Egg
- 2 Boiled Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of Butter
Crush the boiled egg with a fork. Add Butter & Salt. Best when served warm.
Worms in Dirt
- 1 bag of gummy wormsp
- Plastic cups (preferably clear)
- crushed Oreo cookies.
Pour crushed Oreo cookies into individual plastic cups. "Bury" worms in the crushed Oreo cookies. Serve.
Sarah Delaporte hosts the Freebie Coupon Corner.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Take the Next Step
- Subscribe to Surviving Tough Times email newsletter. Each week we'll give you practical survival tools for a challenging economy!
Trending on TDS
- Selling kids' clothes hassle free online
- Free consignment clothing
- Inexpensive storybook costumes
- 10 things you can stop buying at the grocery store
- Money-saving tips for large families
- Start a baby-sitting co-op
- 6 things to consider before taking on the care of elderly parents
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Grocery items you can find on sale in September
- Teen texting-while-driving cost: No LOL
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator