Inexpensive Meals Kids Love
by Sarah Delaporte
Turn Your Kitchen into a Food Factory
Here are some tips for creating great tasting meals! Your kids will ask for more. Plus, it won't break your budget! They are also quick & easy to make!
Worms & Eyeballs
- 1 Package of Ramen Noodles
- A can of peas
Serving Size : 2
Follow the directions on the package of Ramen Noodles. After cooking strain water out of ramen noodles & add cooked peas.
Make your child's favorite sandwich with peanut butter, jelly, honey, tuna, cold meat or other favorite. Cut the sandwich into several pieces & allow your child to piece it back together.
A Good Egg
- 2 Boiled Eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon of Butter
Crush the boiled egg with a fork. Add Butter & Salt. Best when served warm.
Worms in Dirt
- 1 bag of gummy wormsp
- Plastic cups (preferably clear)
- crushed Oreo cookies.
Pour crushed Oreo cookies into individual plastic cups. "Bury" worms in the crushed Oreo cookies. Serve.
Sarah Delaporte hosts the Freebie Coupon Corner.
Share your thoughts about this article with the editor: Click Here
Take the Next Step
- Do you struggle to get ahead financially? Then you'll want to subscribe to our free weekly Surviving Tough Times newsletter aimed at helping you 'live better...for less'. Each issue features great ways to help you stretch your dollars and make the most of your resources.
Trending on TDS
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 ways kids learn and earn from Minecraft
- Bad with money? Teach your kids to get it right
- How to help your children retire millionaires
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Readers share their Halloween costumes Slideshow
- Improve your marriage without expensive counseling
- 10 affordable father-daughter dates
- 10 ways to reduce college costs for your kids
- Top 5 tips for packing a healthier lunchbox
- Money-saving ideas for working moms
- 5 teen bedroom decorating tips
- Pursuing your dream of staying home with your children
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator