Cutting Patio Blocks
A "New" Patio and Walkway for Less
Creating Outdoor Rooms from Scratch, on a Budget!
5 Free Home Improvement Projects
How do I cut cement patio blocks that I am using to fill in spaces in my patio? I am using 1 inch thick blocks.
EZ from Gahanna, OH
Patio cement blocks are not very hard to cut by concrete standards. And using a power tool is definitely the method of choice if you want your job to have the most professional appearance! You have a couple of tool choices. The first is to use your own hand-held circular saw. The blade to use is a special fibrous non-metallic blade designed specifically for cutting cement. My opinion is that if you are only cutting a half dozen blocks, just buy one of these blades for your saw and go to town.
However, if you have a lot of block to cut, please don't destroy your own hard-working saw! Instead, visit the local rental store and look over their offerings. There are a number of heavy-duty hand-held and table-type saws available that will make short work of that block and save your own saw for what it does best... cutting wood!
copyright G.G. Alonzy
Have a small home repair question for THE NATURAL HANDYMAN? Just click here naturalhandyman.com/aitikia
For more home repair information, visit NH's growing list of original home repair articles and quality links naturalhandyman.com
If this information has been valuable to you, please consider making a small donation to support NH's free service to the home repair community! For more information, please visit our "Friends" page naturalhandyman.com/friends
Also in Home
- Ways to reuse an entertainment center
- The cost of using your clothes dryer
- Hay bale gardens
- Priortizing home repair projects
- Great ideas for decorating your entry on a dime
- Easy, inexpensive ways to grow from seed
- 10 ways to save money on your utility bill
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?