Cutting Patio Blocks
A "New" Patio and Walkway for Less
Creating Outdoor Rooms from Scratch, on a Budget!
5 Free Home Improvement Projects
How do I cut cement patio blocks that I am using to fill in spaces in my patio? I am using 1 inch thick blocks.
EZ from Gahanna, OH
Patio cement blocks are not very hard to cut by concrete standards. And using a power tool is definitely the method of choice if you want your job to have the most professional appearance! You have a couple of tool choices. The first is to use your own hand-held circular saw. The blade to use is a special fibrous non-metallic blade designed specifically for cutting cement. My opinion is that if you are only cutting a half dozen blocks, just buy one of these blades for your saw and go to town.
However, if you have a lot of block to cut, please don't destroy your own hard-working saw! Instead, visit the local rental store and look over their offerings. There are a number of heavy-duty hand-held and table-type saws available that will make short work of that block and save your own saw for what it does best... cutting wood!
copyright G.G. Alonzy
Have a small home repair question for THE NATURAL HANDYMAN? Just click here naturalhandyman.com/aitikia
For more home repair information, visit NH's growing list of original home repair articles and quality links naturalhandyman.com
If this information has been valuable to you, please consider making a small donation to support NH's free service to the home repair community! For more information, please visit our "Friends" page naturalhandyman.com/friends
Also in Home
- Sell my house? Or buy a new one first?
- DIY wall décor
- Home upgrades - Smart projects vs. costly mistakes Video
- Putting your lawn mower to bed for the winter
- Give your bathroom an inexpensive makeover
- First-time home buyer's how-to
- Combating carpenter ants
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- How to keep your mortgage data safe from hackers
- 5 home renovations that can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- Flood insurance too high? You may have options
- Should I refinance my home equity line?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?