Cutting Patio Blocks
A "New" Patio and Walkway for Less
Creating Outdoor Rooms from Scratch, on a Budget!
5 Free Home Improvement Projects
How do I cut cement patio blocks that I am using to fill in spaces in my patio? I am using 1 inch thick blocks.
EZ from Gahanna, OH
Patio cement blocks are not very hard to cut by concrete standards. And using a power tool is definitely the method of choice if you want your job to have the most professional appearance! You have a couple of tool choices. The first is to use your own hand-held circular saw. The blade to use is a special fibrous non-metallic blade designed specifically for cutting cement. My opinion is that if you are only cutting a half dozen blocks, just buy one of these blades for your saw and go to town.
However, if you have a lot of block to cut, please don't destroy your own hard-working saw! Instead, visit the local rental store and look over their offerings. There are a number of heavy-duty hand-held and table-type saws available that will make short work of that block and save your own saw for what it does best... cutting wood!
copyright G.G. Alonzy
Have a small home repair question for THE NATURAL HANDYMAN? Just click here www.naturalhandyman.com/aitikia
For more home repair information, visit NH's growing list of original home repair articles and quality links www.naturalhandyman.com
If this information has been valuable to you, please consider making a small donation to support NH's free service to the home repair community! For more information, please visit our "Friends" page www.naturalhandyman.com/friends
The Natural Handyman Site Directory
- Home Repair Articles www.naturalhandyman.com/iip
- Home Repair Links Library www.naturalhandyman.com/linkslibrary
- NH's Bookshop www.naturalhandyman.com/bookshop
- Find a handyman at www.naturalhandyman.com/network
- Win unique home repair gifts and prizes at www.naturalhandyman.com/contest
Please read the important copyright and disclaimer information is located at www.naturalhandyman.com/copyright
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 8 ways homebuyers annoy sellers
- Protect yourself from buying a lemon of a home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?