Citrus Summer Shower
by Mary Ann Ross and Kimberly Lainson
Tired of the same old bridal showers? Why not try something different... Place: A park, garden or backyard --- will also work well for an indoor shower as well.
Menu Choices: Citrus Cooler, Citrus Salsa, Lime Thai Chicken Appetizer Skewers, Pineapple Lemon Glazed Appetizer Meatballs, Lime Chicken Bake, Citrus Asparagus Salad, Pineapple Mandarin Salad, Citrus Dessert Sauce, Citrus Cake, Orange Slice Cake
Memory Taste Test: Using dixie cups or other paper cups - prepare different items to be tasted. For example, orange puree, grapefruit slush, lime Jell-O, orange & lemon puree, etc. Give each guest a plastic spoon. Blind fold each guest and have them taste each cup and memorize what they thought each cup contained... then remove the blindfold and have them write down from memory: cup 1 was ___, cup 2 was ___ etc. whoever gets the most right wins.
Citrus Bingo: Ahead of time, make up printed cards (use your own computer/printer at home or work) with either drawing of each fruit variety or the fruit name --- then have pieces of paper in a bowl with the same picture or name and draw one at a time, letting everyone mark their cards. If you run out of citrus fruits... add other fruits to make it more interesting.
Prizes: Basket of Citrus products, Citrus body wash, Citrus shampoo or bubble bath, Citrus Candles, Citrus Air Fresheners, etc.
Gifts for the Bride/Groom: Something Citrusie, Citrus tree for their yard or something from their registry
Mary Ann & Kimberly are a mother and daughter team who became business partners. They are doing what they do best... Having Fun with Kids and Parties... www.thepartyworks.com
Also in Home
- Sell my house? Or buy a new one first?
- DIY wall décor
- Home upgrades - Smart projects vs. costly mistakes Video
- Putting your lawn mower to bed for the winter
- Give your bathroom an inexpensive makeover
- First-time home buyer's how-to
- Combating carpenter ants
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- How to keep your mortgage data safe from hackers
- 5 home renovations that can raise your insurance rate -- or lead to discounts
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 3 ways (and 1 reason) to refinance a HELOC
- Flood insurance too high? You may have options
- Should I refinance my home equity line?
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?