Citrus Summer Shower
by Mary Ann Ross and Kimberly Lainson
Tired of the same old bridal showers? Why not try something different... Place: A park, garden or backyard --- will also work well for an indoor shower as well.
Menu Choices: Citrus Cooler, Citrus Salsa, Lime Thai Chicken Appetizer Skewers, Pineapple Lemon Glazed Appetizer Meatballs, Lime Chicken Bake, Citrus Asparagus Salad, Pineapple Mandarin Salad, Citrus Dessert Sauce, Citrus Cake, Orange Slice Cake
Memory Taste Test: Using dixie cups or other paper cups - prepare different items to be tasted. For example, orange puree, grapefruit slush, lime Jell-O, orange & lemon puree, etc. Give each guest a plastic spoon. Blind fold each guest and have them taste each cup and memorize what they thought each cup contained... then remove the blindfold and have them write down from memory: cup 1 was ___, cup 2 was ___ etc. whoever gets the most right wins.
Citrus Bingo: Ahead of time, make up printed cards (use your own computer/printer at home or work) with either drawing of each fruit variety or the fruit name --- then have pieces of paper in a bowl with the same picture or name and draw one at a time, letting everyone mark their cards. If you run out of citrus fruits... add other fruits to make it more interesting.
Prizes: Basket of Citrus products, Citrus body wash, Citrus shampoo or bubble bath, Citrus Candles, Citrus Air Fresheners, etc.
Gifts for the Bride/Groom: Something Citrusie, Citrus tree for their yard or something from their registry
Mary Ann & Kimberly are a mother and daughter team who became business partners. They are doing what they do best... Having Fun with Kids and Parties... www.thepartyworks.com
Also in Home
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- Tha basics of financing a home improvement project
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- 5 steps to saving money with a lasagna garden
- Buying a lease/option home
- Affordable fences
- Fixing up furniture the frugal way
- How a "time of use" meter could reduce your electric bill
- 10 ways to set up a home office without blowing your budget
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?