courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a '94 Ford Escort that is overheating when the air conditioner is on and it idles. I had the thermostat replaced and it is still overheating. Not redlined but seriously at the top of the normal. No leaking fluids, the fan is running, radiator is circulating. What else can I check? Is there some other control?
To me is sounds like your fan is not running at full speed, or your radiator is clogged (either inside or outside). Make sure it is clear of all debris (leaves, bugs, birds, whatever).
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also In This Week's Issue
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- How to regain storage space and cut the clutter
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- Free fireplace logs
- 8 kitchen remodeling projects for under $500
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 6 hazards your home insurance won't cover
- How to save on mortgage as rates rise
In The Dollar Stretcher Community
Get free money-saving articles in your inbox each week!
Sign up for our free weekly newsletter Surviving Tough Times.