courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a '94 Ford Escort that is overheating when the air conditioner is on and it idles. I had the thermostat replaced and it is still overheating. Not redlined but seriously at the top of the normal. No leaking fluids, the fan is running, radiator is circulating. What else can I check? Is there some other control?
To me is sounds like your fan is not running at full speed, or your radiator is clogged (either inside or outside). Make sure it is clear of all debris (leaves, bugs, birds, whatever).
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- Your trickiest cleaning problems solved
- How to eliminate mosquitos for less Insider Report
- Choosing a roadside assistance plan
- Should I use a HELOC for home remodeling and repairs
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- How much can additional payments save me on my mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?