Replacing a Belt Tensioner
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
What is a belt tensioner? Can I replace it easily myself and avoid the overhead. I have an '89 Cavalier. I was told that it is bad and that it would cost $350 to replace.
A belt tensioner keeps the proper tension in the serpentine belt. It is simply bolted to the engine is some fashion. This is definitely something that the do-it-yourselfer can do if you know how.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 12 ways to lower heating bills
- 8 ways homebuyers annoy sellers
- Why pay extra toward mortgage principal?
- Avoid mortgage closing costs on a refinance?
- 6 ways to stock your "man cave" for under $500
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?