Replacing a Belt Tensioner
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
What is a belt tensioner? Can I replace it easily myself and avoid the overhead. I have an '89 Cavalier. I was told that it is bad and that it would cost $350 to replace.
A belt tensioner keeps the proper tension in the serpentine belt. It is simply bolted to the engine is some fashion. This is definitely something that the do-it-yourselfer can do if you know how.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- 10 ways to cut the cost of cleaning
- Natural homemade laundry soap
- How to buy a Christmas tree
- Preparing for a snow storm
- How to reduce heating bills
- Corian countertop repair
- 6 reasons you shouldn't overimprove your home
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 7 green ways to save money on laundry
- 6 ways to organize your home in the new year
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?