Replacing a Belt Tensioner
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
What is a belt tensioner? Can I replace it easily myself and avoid the overhead. I have an '89 Cavalier. I was told that it is bad and that it would cost $350 to replace.
A belt tensioner keeps the proper tension in the serpentine belt. It is simply bolted to the engine is some fashion. This is definitely something that the do-it-yourselfer can do if you know how.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- How to seal your basement from outside moisture
- Are you ready to buy your first home? Video
- How to clear a clogged drain naturally
- Indoor container gardening
- Hot? Turn on the furnace!
- The essential starting point to lower summer energy bills
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- How spring cleaning can save you money
- 4 secrets to budgeting for a home purchase
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?