Lessons I've learned...
by Dr. Bob Osgoodby
I've learned that you cannot make someone love you. All you can do is love them and hope they learn to love you.
I've learned that no matter how much I care, some people never will.
I've learned that it takes years to build up trust, and only suspicion, not proof, to destroy it.
I've learned that you can get by on charm for about fifteen minutes. After that, you'd better have some substance.
I've learned that you shouldn't compare yourself to others - they have shortcomings too.
I've learned that we are responsible for what we do, unless we are celebrities.
I've learned that sometimes the people you expect to kick you when you're down, will be the ones who do.
I've learned that no matter how you try to protect your children, they will make their own mistakes.
I've learned that no good deed goes unpunished.
I've learned that making other people look bad, doesn't make me look good.
I've learned to keep things in perspective. Fifty years from now, no one will care anyway.
I've learned that the people you care most about in life are taken from you too soon, and all the less important ones just never go away.
I've learned that if momma ain't happy, ain't nobody happy.
And the most important thing I have learned, is you should never stop learning.
Trending on TDS
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 ways kids learn and earn from Minecraft
- Bad with money? Teach your kids to get it right
- How to help your children retire millionaires
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Readers share their Halloween costumes Slideshow
- Improve your marriage without expensive counseling
- 10 affordable father-daughter dates
- 10 ways to reduce college costs for your kids
- Top 5 tips for packing a healthier lunchbox
- Money-saving ideas for working moms
- 5 teen bedroom decorating tips
- Pursuing your dream of staying home with your children
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator