Sites 4 Moms
Help for Sleepless Nights
by Kathleen Bieke
Cheaper Organic Baby Bedding
An Economical Approach to Caring for a Newborn
Advice from the Trenches of New Motherhood
For new parents and those wanting to become parents, take a look at BabyCenter.com. It's a great place to get information on babies, before and after they are born. You can either search the site for relevant topics or become a subscriber. There is a fee to join though it looks like you get some good perks with membership. If you enter your due date, you can receive weekly emails apprising you of what is going on developmentally with your child.
BabyCenter has message boards, chat and even a Great Debates section. Stay at home vs. working, pacifiers vs. none, to spank or not to spank and even (gasp!) breast vs. bottle-feeding. Pregnant moms may want to avoid these controversial topics until after delivery. There are definitely some high blood pressure readings here!
There are many articles to read here as well. The Sleep Secrets would have been helpful for me when my kids were infants. I thought 8 hours of sleep was a thing of the past. You can also find out if you will ever have a private life with your spouse again by taking the New Parent Passion Predictor.
Planning a baby shower? Find ideas here. Don't know what to call Little Miss No Name? An online baby name link is provided as well. There is a Free Stuff link too. Of course, as this is a commercial site, you can purchase just about anything baby related here. For help with your little blessing, bookmark this site as a favorite. Until next time.
Copyright 2000 Kathleen Bieke. All Rights Reserved.
Trending on TDS
- Affordable ways to enjoy national parks
- Make your own baby food
- Save money living with your grown up kids or parents
- How to write a will that will protect your heirs
- Build a backyard play area on a budget
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- What you shouldn't (and should) buy in April
- Raising a child with financial smarts Video
- Savings challenge: Make your own fresh dog food
- April bargains in supermarkets and beyond
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator