$1,000 Worth of Troubles
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a '95 Dodge Neon that has cost me about a 1000 bucks in the past year. Now all of a sudden it is completely dead. The negative cable on the battery looks like it is breaking off and I am hoping that's what it is. I have not had problems with my power and it takes a jump in less than 5 seconds. Could it be that the cable is the cause?
A faulty ground cable will cause all sorts of havoc on your system... from the car refusing to start to not taking a charge. Replace the cable and I bet some of your problems will go with it.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- Rent a garden plot
- Renewing bathroom sinks
- Homemade dishwasher detergent
- Cheap sofa reupholstery
- Free landscape borders Slideshow
- Homemade floor cleaners
- 5 ways to prepare your garden for spring
- 10 ways to save money on your utility bill
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- Top 10 DIY mistakes made by home 'handymen'
- 6 ways to save on home heating
- 7 ghastly critters that will eat your house
- Find the best mortgage rates in your area
- 3 ways to use a mortgage calculator
- Mortgage calculator: Calculate your payment and more
- Home equity calculator: HELOC vs. line of credit
- Mortgage refinance break-even calculator
- How much money can I borrow for a mortgage?
- Who offers the most home insurance discounts?