$1,000 Worth of Troubles
courtesy of Bob, The Auto Answer Man
I have a '95 Dodge Neon that has cost me about a 1000 bucks in the past year. Now all of a sudden it is completely dead. The negative cable on the battery looks like it is breaking off and I am hoping that's what it is. I have not had problems with my power and it takes a jump in less than 5 seconds. Could it be that the cable is the cause?
A faulty ground cable will cause all sorts of havoc on your system... from the car refusing to start to not taking a charge. Replace the cable and I bet some of your problems will go with it.
Bob, The Auto Answer Man
Have a car care question? Visit our automotive center and see if we've already answered it or a similar question.
Also in Home
- DIY backyard waterfall
- Painting a basement floor
- Make your own laundry detergent
- Do-it-yourself home remodeling on the cheap
- Simple steps to lower your water and sewer bills
- Decorating with yard sale finds
- Managing your mortgage
- The cheapskate's guide to flooring
- 5 ways your house can make you go broke
- 5 simple and affordable luxuries for your home
- Does staging really raise a home's price?
- 6 energy-saving projects for your home
- The right way and wrong way to pay down your mortgage
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- How much equity can you cash out of your home?
- 6 home projects that don't pay for themselves
- Should I refinance my home equity line?