You can count the ways your life will improve
The Benefits of Organization
by Doris Dobkins
7 Ways to Help Kids Get Organized
- If you are organized, you will have more balance in your life. You'll be able to minimize the time spent on necessary things like shopping and looking for things, but increase the time spent on important things like family.
- You will be more productive. You'll be focused, have better direction and get more done in less time.
- You will save money. Last minute purchases, party gifts, or grocery trips can be costly without adequate planning.
- You can better manage your time and prioritize your daily chores. These things tend to fall into place when working within deadlines and limits.
- It will reduce clutter. Most of us have too much stuff and are in the process of getting more. The new stuff continues to accumulate, adding to our never-ending clutter.
- It will help you set and achieve personal goals. With your goals in mind, spend a few minutes every evening planning for the next day. Make lists of the things you have to do and the things you want to do. As each day passes, you will be closer to your goals.
- You will learn to focus on the big picture; making sure you have room in your life for the important things.
- It will give you the proper tools to do your job right. Things that you need will be in their proper place. You will find what you need quicker, you'll accomplish your tasks more successfully, and you'll have more time to do the task because your tools will be readily available.
- It is economical to be organized. If you take the time to plan and be organized, you'll save time and money.
- Being organized has to be a way of life. If you want the benefits of being organized, you might as well start now. The sooner you start, the sooner it will be a habit.
There are many areas to focus on when getting organized. Your time needs to be organized. So does your money, your home, your family your kitchen cupboard and your mail, just to name a few. It can seem overwhelming at times, but getting organized will do wonders. Try it and see!
Doris Dobkins is a money saving expert, author and speaker and has helped thousands of people find ways to save money and get out of debt.
Take the Next Step
- Do you struggle to get ahead financially? Then you'll want to subscribe to our free weekly Surviving Tough Times newsletter aimed at helping you 'live better...for less'. Each issue features great ways to help you stretch your dollars and make the most of your resources. Subscribers get a copy of our ebook Little Luxuries: 130 Ways to Live Better...For Less for FREE!
- If you're serious about getting organized visit The Dollar Stretcher Pinterest "Organization Tips to Save Time and Money" board today!
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- How to become a millionaire in 7 easy (hah!) steps
- 5 poor ways to save (and how to do better)
- 10 places to look for $500 in savings
- 9 savvy strategies to save for a rainy-day fund
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- Money-saving secrets of the rich and frugal
- How to stop credit card offers in the mail
- What to do when frugal fatigue sets in Readers' Solutions
- Putting last year's Christmas bills behind you
- Reduce your debt with this free debt course by The Dollar Stretcher
- Reduce your debt payoff time
- Find a better credit card rate
- Get better savings & MMA rates