Homemade Halloween Make Up, Bruises & Blood
by Amanda Formaro
Halloween Fun and Games
Halloween on a Dime
Trick or Treat 'Em: Halloween Decorations
Dressing up for Halloween is so much fun! Enjoy it even more knowing that you and your little goblins prepared their faces for the frightful night. Face paint is inexpensive when you make it yourself, and it's safer than a mask that can obscure vision. Try these ghoulish recipes yourself!
Homemade Face Make Up
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp water
- 1/2 tsp cold cream
- food coloring
Stir together starch and cold cream until well blended. Add water and stir, then add food coloring.
APPLICATION Wash your face and any area that you will be applying the makeup to. Dry thoroughly. Use fingertips to spread onto large areas. Use a small paint brush to paint designs on face. Removes with soap and water. Store in airtight container.
- deep blue powder eyeshadow
- charcoal or smoke gray powder eyeshadow
- shimmery green powder eyeshadow
- make up brush
Using a blot of deep blue powder eye shadow, apply with a wet make up brush. Use your fingertips to add blots of charcoal gray and blue shadows. Touch up the edges with a shimmery olive green. Smudge the bruise to complete.
- 1/2 bottle of light corn syrup
- very hot water
- squirt of liquid soap
- red food coloring
- blue or green food coloring (optional)
Pour light corn syrup into a bowl and add hot water sparingly, adding and stirring until you have the right consistency. Add a squirt of liquid soap to make it the blood easy to clean off later. Tint with red food coloring. You may add a drop of blue or green if you like to make the blood a darker color. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use. Smear on as needed!
Amanda Formaro is the entrepreneurial mother of four children. She and her husband live in southeastern Wisconsin. She is also the owner of FamilyCorner.com Magazine. Subscribe to her free holiday newsletter, Family Holidays, by sending any email message to firstname.lastname@example.org or by visiting her website at familycorner.com
Copyright 2000 Amanda Formaro
Take the Next Step:
- Visit our Pinterest board for more Spooktacularly Simple and Cheap Halloween Ideas
- Check out Costume Craze for a huge selection of costumes for all ages.
- Halloween Monster Make-Up - More make-up ideas.
- Halloween Ideas for Teens
- Create Your Own Haunted House - Prepare to scare them! From FamilyCorner.com
Trending on TDS
- An affordable wardrobe for a nursing mom
- Cutting the cost of corrective lenses down to size
- Cheaper kitty litter
- Dental plans: A bright smile for less
- Happy Birthdays on a budget
- 200+ ideas for summertime fun
- Easy to make musical instruments for kids
- 4 tips for enjoying a 'staycation'
- 6 cheap, effective home security solutions
- Grocery items you can find on sale in July
- 8 items to buy at yard sales this summer
- 5 colleges where your kid can go to school for free
- 6 secrets to saving more at discount stores
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator