Homemade Halloween Make Up, Bruises & Blood
by Amanda Formaro
Halloween Fun and Games
Halloween on a Dime
Trick or Treat 'Em: Halloween Decorations
Dressing up for Halloween is so much fun! Enjoy it even more knowing that you and your little goblins prepared their faces for the frightful night. Face paint is inexpensive when you make it yourself, and it's safer than a mask that can obscure vision. Try these ghoulish recipes yourself!
Homemade Face Make Up
- 1 tsp corn starch
- 1/2 tsp water
- 1/2 tsp cold cream
- food coloring
Stir together starch and cold cream until well blended. Add water and stir, then add food coloring.
APPLICATION Wash your face and any area that you will be applying the makeup to. Dry thoroughly. Use fingertips to spread onto large areas. Use a small paint brush to paint designs on face. Removes with soap and water. Store in airtight container.
- deep blue powder eyeshadow
- charcoal or smoke gray powder eyeshadow
- shimmery green powder eyeshadow
- make up brush
Using a blot of deep blue powder eye shadow, apply with a wet make up brush. Use your fingertips to add blots of charcoal gray and blue shadows. Touch up the edges with a shimmery olive green. Smudge the bruise to complete.
- 1/2 bottle of light corn syrup
- very hot water
- squirt of liquid soap
- red food coloring
- blue or green food coloring (optional)
Pour light corn syrup into a bowl and add hot water sparingly, adding and stirring until you have the right consistency. Add a squirt of liquid soap to make it the blood easy to clean off later. Tint with red food coloring. You may add a drop of blue or green if you like to make the blood a darker color. Store in the refrigerator until ready to use. Smear on as needed!
Amanda Formaro is the entrepreneurial mother of four children. She and her husband live in southeastern Wisconsin. She is also the owner of FamilyCorner.com Magazine. by visiting her website at FamilyCorner.com
Copyright 2000 Amanda Formaro
Take the Next Step:
- No time for a DIY costume this year? Shop the newest costumes available at HalloweenCostumes.com!
- Prepare to scare them! Create your own haunted house - From FamilyCorner.com.
- Ghoulishly cheap! Visit the Halloween parties and decor section of the TDS library.
- It's tough raising kids today! You need every time and money saving idea you can find. That's why you'll want to get our free weekly Dollar Stretcher for Parents newsletter. You'll find great ideas designed just for parents that will help your family 'live better...for less'! Subscribers get a copy of our ebook Little Luxuries: 130 Ways to Live Better...For Less for FREE.
We're still paying off last Christmas and worry how we'll afford the holidays this year without charging it again! Tell us: Yes, we could use help getting out of the debt trap we're in! or No, debt is not a problem for us but I'm always looking for ways to trim my family's expenses further!
More Money-Saving Tips for Families
- Best September bargains for thrifty shoppers
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Start now and have a stress free Christmas later
- Raising money for your school, church or non-profit group
- Inexpensive storybook costume ideas
- Organizing the disorganized mom
- This week's Readers' Tips