Sites 4 Moms: Natural Remedies and Advice
by Kathleen Bieke
The health conscious person may wish to visit prevention.com You will find some great information on their website. They have four main pages: health, weight loss and fitness, food and community. All offer lots of good information including; recipe makeovers that tell you the calorie and fat difference by using their cooking suggestions and why certain foods are so good for you. There is advice ranging from getting pregnant after 40 to information about head lice (don't be squeamish, you moms! It could happen to your child.)
There are plenty of Ask the Expert segments and even a virtual pediatrician. The virtual pediatrician offers information on a variety of conditions from bedwetting, dawdling and hair tangles to many other topics.
Like most large websites, they offer chat and quite a few message boards. The message boards include: aging parents, natural remedies, quitting smoking and menopause aka, "Is it hot in here or is it just me?"
A really great feature is that Prevention focuses on natural alternatives for medical healing. I will see a medical doctor when needed but mankind has been around a lot longer then the AMA and I prefer to try a natural approach whenever possible. Prevention.com gets my highest rating. Be sure to visit this comprehensive site and save it as a favorite. Until next time.
Copyright 2000 Kathleen Bieke. All Rights Reserved.
More Tips & Tools to Help You
Live Better...For Less
- Is your family normal? See how other households spend their money
- 5 big bills you can cut fast
- 5 frugal ways to expand your living space
- What's on sale in November
- 4 steps to a simpler (and more frugal) life
- Kids' activities for Thanksgiving gatherings
- 5 ways to reduce the cost of kids' clothing
- What's the best way to bring a puppy into your family?
- 13 things to teach your children that will make their financial lives easier
- How a single mom can create multiple income streams
- Instead of toys for Christmas
- What is the cost of raising a child?
- Spouse income calculator
- Should my spouse work, too?
- College savings calculator
- Home budget calculator